House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Bernanke News

I believe March 28 may well be a pivotal date for HPC in this country if, as it seems likely, the US raises its rates.

Will Brown allow sterling to fall or will he defend by raising rates?

I'm not an expert but I cannot believe he will allow sterling to fall. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Not only a pivotal date for HPC, but a crossroads for the economy.

Or am I being a drama queen?

freaked.gif

post-67-1140131151.gif

Well, if it wasn't for the housing market holding the pound at the moment. The markets don't like the noises coming from the other parts of the economy, particularly retail at the moment. Have no idea what nutter Brown will do next...........

Guest Bart of Darkness
I'm not an expert but I cannot believe he will allow sterling to fall.

As long as house prices don't fall, Brown doesn't give a stuff about the pound.

It's the new paradigm you see. ;)

Well, if it wasn't for the housing market holding the pound at the moment. The markets don't like the noises coming from the other parts of the economy, particularly retail at the moment. Have no idea what nutter Brown will do next...........

claim asylum

Guest Riser

As long as house prices don't fall, Brown doesn't give a stuff about the pound.

It's the new paradigm you see. ;)

In the last six months we have seen the markets become much more sensitive to housing market news, once Nationwide and Halifax start reporting year on year falls I suspect both Sterling and the FTSE will be hit hard.

In the States the Dow has remained strong despite worsening housing data although The government backed mortgage lender Fanny Mae is in crisis, I suspect the crunch in the US will involve the collapse of a critical institution such as Fanny Mae which could trigger a chain reaction of collapsing derivative markets, the consequences of which will travel around world markets like a Tsunami.

Edited by Riser