House Price Crash Forum

1 In 20 -25 House Sales Is A Repo.

music man

HOLA441

As I didn't.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticl...umber=1&summit=

'economists said the number of repossessions or forced sells, accounted for a very small proportion -- around four or five percent -- of overall housing market activity'

It seems a lot to me, what do other people think?

Also if this doubles, which it could easily do then cheap housing for all. Well, I am allowed to dream.

Can you imagine 10% of all house sales as repossessed, there looks like a market for us here chaps, crash or not what will they do with all the repos.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest wrongmove

During the last crash (which in nominal terms was the only crash since the depression), repos were about 8.5 times higher than now (0.77% of mortgages, compared to 0.09% now, CML figures). Extrapolating from the figure of 4-5% in the OP, that implies that about 35-40% of sales were repos - probably more as volumes would have been low as prices fell. So some way to go yet.....

This is HUGE. Hate to be a carrion... but hell, thats the human condition, I live in the real world... where do we get hold of the repos?

Unfortunately, at the moment you will have to pay OMV at auctions for the repos. There are always repos to be had (death, debt, divorce etc.), usually far more of them than now. But in a bouyant market the lender can just sell them for market value.

HOLA445
HOLA446

As I didn't.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticl...umber=1&summit=

'economists said the number of repossessions or forced sells, accounted for a very small proportion -- around four or five percent -- of overall housing market activity'

It seems a lot to me, what do other people think?

Also if this doubles, which it could easily do then cheap housing for all. Well, I am allowed to dream.

Can you imagine 10% of all house sales as repossessed, there looks like a market for us here chaps, crash or not what will they do with all the repos.

Isn't FTB activity at about 7%?

HOLA447