House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
29929BlackTuesday

First Time Buyer? New To This Site?

There's a lot of nasty spin and scare-tactics going on at the moment!

Stay cool, hang on to that deposit, watch and wait....

...you've waited this long haven't you? You can wait another 6 months at least!

Don't be scared by the VI (vested interest) rubbish going about.

Remember the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? It's like that. But this time YOU are the kids and it's not just a spell in a cage you're risking - it's your WHOLE FINANCIAL FUTURE!!

For an unbiased view, why not read 'Money for Life' by Alvin Hall - he rented until prices crashed last time around and made a mint! If Alvin can do it then so can you!

Give yourself a pat on the back for getting this far. Don't give in now - every other First Time Buyer (FTB) in the UK is on strike - join us by the brazier!

Do a search on this site for any topic started by 'Eric Pebble' - he's got more facts for you.

I have to agree, we must avoid panic at all costs. The news reports are coming at us at an alarming pace and most seem to contradict each other. One day the market is up and the next its down and the reasons for the manic gyrations all seem to differ. If we stay calm and try to sift through the data cooly we can decide for ourselves if the economy is in as much trouble as the news suggests that it is.

It's typical of the chaos caused after the major inflection point is hit after a LONNNNNG run up.

stay calm kiddies, the fact remains, the massive pyramid sc@m HAS to end, because there is a finite amount of resources in the world, a.k.a.

there is no such thing as free money

Guest Winners and Losers

Thanks. I'm panicing, big time. :angry:

On a lighter note, I like to imagine that TTRTR is not only super clever, but powerful and handsome as well....................... ;)

When the panic does come it will come quickly and without warning. One day things will seem fine and the next it will be pandemonium as people rush for the exits. I witnessed this in 1989 at the beginning of the Great Crash and its happening again in my old home city of San Diego where the median price of new homes just dropped $104,000 in one month-December to January. The VIs are now predicting that, instead of the vaunted soft landing, prices will continue falling by 5% in the 1st Q and another 5% in the 2nd Q. When this market turns in the UK there will not be enough time to get out before substantial damage is done to house prices. Anyone who got in after 2002 is likely to lose money--a lot of money.

Market timing is hard but it seems clear to me that we are at or very near the top. If you are thinking its time to sell it probably is, the collective consciousness of the market is always right.

Guest Winners and Losers

When the panic does come it will come quickly and without warning. One day things will seem fine and the next it will be pandemonium as people rush for the exits. I witnessed this in 1989 at the beginning of the Great Crash and its happening again in my old home city of San Diego where the median price of new homes just dropped $104,000 in one month-December to January. The VIs are now predicting that, instead of the vaunted soft landing, prices will continue falling by 5% in the 1st Q and another 5% in the 2nd Q. When this market turns in the UK there will not be enough time to get out before substantial damage is done to house prices. Anyone who got in after 2002 is likely to lose money--a lot of money.

Market timing is hard but it seems clear to me that we are at or very near the top. If you are thinking its time to sell it probably is, the collective consciousness of the market is always right.

The same thing happened in Australia. But I don't recall the VI spin being as bad as it is in the UK. People were a bit more accepting, even the media. That is saying alot, because the aussies are even more obsessed with property than the English. So, are Australian's more clever?

It's typical of the chaos caused after the major inflection point is hit after a LONNNNNG run up.

I think it is like a marathon, where a tightly packed group of front runners (those who have realised something is wrong) have come to a sudden halt; the trailing pack then comes crashing in from behind resulting in chaos so no-one knows what is going on.

frugalista