House Price Crash Forum
Catch22

If Inflation Is Below 2% How Come My Town Rates Precept

This inflation below 2% is as with everything associated with this corrupt Nu Labour government ......BULLSH*T

Just read a letter from the Mayor telling me what a great job they the council are doing. It then went on to state an example of charges for this coming year as against last years charges. For a Band B property last years charges were 78p a day, this coming year it will rise to 96p. Of course the Wife says...it's ony 18p a day extra...to which I replied it's the percentages that matter.

damnit.gif

Edit: now if this was matched by a 23% wage increase, even though the value of the pound is tanking I dare ...................

Edited by Catch22

This inflation below 2% is as with everything associated with this corrupt Nu Labour government ......BULLSH*T

Just read a letter from the Mayor telling me what a great job they the council are doing. It then went on to state an example of charges for this coming year as against last years charges. For a Band B property last years charges were 78p a day, this coming year it will rise to 96p. Of course the Wife says...it's ony 18p a day extra...to which I replied it's the percentages that matter.

damnit.gif

Edit: now if this was matched by a 23% wage increase, even though the value of the pound is tanking I dare ...................

You have B&B ? :blink:

Blair and Brown have big pockets and that why our schools, NHS, Police , Roads..............................

have become the joke of the world.

Time to get out of the UK before the pounds becomes worthless

have been telling you all about £1.00=1.10 euro's for the past 12 months and now see whats happens

Unfortunately tax increases of any kind are not included in the inflation figure as they are not strictly speaking inflationary.........but merely a transfer of money from one group of people (you and me#) to another (eg retired policemen and firemen)

Unfortunately tax increases of any kind are not included in the inflation figure as they are not strictly speaking inflationary.........but merely a transfer of money from one group of people (you and me#) to another (eg retired policemen and firemen)

I wonder though. If you regularly save £100 per month that would be money not spent in the economy.

Taxes go up, so you now can save only £50 pm, and the other £50 goes towards paying firemans / coppers pension. They get your 50 quid and blow it on crap.

Net result is more money chasing goods than otherwise would have occured.