House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Retail Week Online Reports Dismal Valentine Day Sales

http://www.retail-week.com/nav?page=retail...esource=4339688

Shopper numbers on Valentine's Day fell 10.8 per cent year on year, as shoppers eschewed extravagant gestures of their love for smaller purchases.
"Looking forward to Easter, it will be later this year than last, which will certainly help the DIY sheds and garden centres. However,
early signs are that less will be spent on the home this Easter than in recent years due to faltering house values and rising fuel and other costs
."

Not much indication of any pick-up in house prices from the retail sector's point of view. Makes you wonder why the Estate Agents are so optimistic doesn't it? :lol:

BBC radio 1 are so full of shit. They were saying the average spend was £90, over and over throughout the day.

Guest Bart of Darkness

BBC radio 1 are so full of shit. They were saying the average spend was £90, over and over throughout the day.

A whole day listening to Radio 1?

Know that the station even exists is torture enough!

Shopper numbers on Valentine's Day fell 10.8 per cent year on year, as shoppers eschewed extravagant gestures of their love for smaller purchases.

Strangely my wife had been predicting a quiet v-day in her florist's, but it didn't turn out to be the case. We had assumed that between the general economic climate and the ever increasing pressure from the likes of Tesco selling cheap and nasty roses that orders would be down. Instead the turnover was up nearly 40% with nearly 15k taken in 3 days on valentines orders alone (equivalent to a good month's take normally). Utter madness (not that I am complaining) that I have no explanation for, especially in the light of this news.

The BBC must be being tightly controlled by the government and ordered not to say anything negative about retail sales or house prices. A little doom and gloom and the economy falls off the cliff. "A loose tongue costs lives."

Edited by Realistbear

A whole day listening to Radio 1?

Know that the station even exists is torture enough!

I know, snapped the ariel on the car, now I can only get Radio 1.

I know, snapped the ariel on the car, now I can only get Radio 1.

Could be worse: the radio in my old car could only get Radio 2 :).

As for Valentine's Day, I bought presents online this year, so yeah, not much high street spending from me.