House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazychick

Regional Crash Maybe - North Hardest Hit

Hoping for a crash obviously but can't see London or South East going yet. Up here in the North West I think there are more buyers around but houses do seem to be reducing. Certainly according to the local free rag where there are loads of houses marked as reduced. I do think this time the north will be hardest hit - due in part to low wages and the lack of first time buyers able to get on the ladder.

Nope, it will be Wales. It is always Wales. England's first colony is always the most disposable part of the UK and when the UK economy retrenches it is always Wales that feels the chill wind most of all.

Wales has the some of the lowest wages in the EU. House prices are now on a par with the South East of England. Go figure! :)

Guest Riser

The North West is currently 55% above its regional long term trend while Wales is 44% above its regional trend which would suggest the North West is going to get hit harder than Wales, although Wales may lead the way down B)

NWestQ405.gif North West

WalesQ405.gif Wales

post-1619-1140088167.gif

post-1619-1140088201.gif

Edited by Riser

Hoping for a crash obviously but can't see London or South East going yet. Up here in the North West I think there are more buyers around but houses do seem to be reducing. Certainly according to the local free rag where there are loads of houses marked as reduced...... due in part to low wages and the lack of first time buyers able to get on the ladder.

I concur with this. Its pretty much what I've been observing.

Asking prices are definately sliding in my area.

Anything overpriced is sitting on the market. I personally have seen houses on for nearly 2 years.

Conversely, houses that are well-priced (and that may only be 20-30k lower on an asking price of 225k - so roughly 15%) are selling well.

The North West is currently 55% above its regional long term trend while Wales is 44% above its regional trend which would suggest the North West is going to get hit harder than Wales, although Wales may lead the way down B)

NWestQ405.gif North West

WalesQ405.gif Wales

Scotchland will be fooked. The bubble is much more pronounced that it ever has been up here.

Even in Inverness (which was recently made a city.....but one good bus crash and it will be back to a town again) prices have been rocketing.

There may be trouble ahead.....lets face the music and dance! ;)

strangely enough, the north does suffer most, as anyone sitting in a 12,000 2 bed terrace in Stockton on Tees in 2002 would admit. It's boomed in between, but when it falls, ouch...

Even stranger, the areas likely to suffer worst are those areas haunted by ignorant bigots like 'ImUpNorth'...

Nope, it will be Wales. It is always Wales. England's first colony is always the most disposable part of the UK and when the UK economy retrenches it is always Wales that feels the chill wind most of all.

Wales has the some of the lowest wages in the EU. House prices are now on a par with the South East of England. Go figure! :)

It also has the added hazard of being full of Welsh people!