House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
4 hours ago, rollover said:

Restocking weapons UK has given to Ukraine will take 'several years'

Admiral Sir Tony Radakin said the lack of industrial capacity in Britain meant that topping up supplies - such as N-Laws and Brimstone missiles - would not happen quickly. 

The UK has provided a wide range of weapons to Ukraine since the Russian invasion in February, including anti-tank rocket launchers, armoured vehicles and anti-aircraft systems.

Admiral Radakin acknowledged that the 'rate of expenditure' of weapons in Ukraine and the 'industrial capacity to backfill' had already become 'a significant issue'. 'We are then talking in years, because you cannot whistle up with modern weapons a quick production line.

Daily Mail

Most of the N-LAWs were from our original batches and were earmarked for range use in the next couple of years as they have a shelf life.

This is a pitch for more cash for MoD.

• Replies 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

No. But you lost Kyiv. That was pretty bad

And that's taking months. Mishka. This must be very hard for you getting your butts kicked by Zelensky. I feel sorry for the Babushkas who will never see their sons again. Sent to die - for nothing - by your man Vladimirovich. Maybe when the war is over we can share a tear for them all.

Yes, lets not forget the horrific losses the Russian people suffer, perhaps we can find sympathy for them when this is over.  However, lets not forget they did not say no, not in my name, this is their terrible sin.  

HOLA443
7 hours ago, satsuma said:

Yes, lets not forget the horrific losses the Russian people suffer, perhaps we can find sympathy for them when this is over.  However, lets not forget they did not say no, not in my name, this is their terrible sin.  

That is not fair.

If the leadership of a country is hell bent on war nothing can stop it, look at Blair’s illegal wars 

HOLA444
HOLA445

Had another teaching session recently with kids from Ukraine getting them ready for school in September 

really bright bunch, tried to avoid topic of war of course 

don’t know how many refugees were allowed into UK but very sizeable contingent made their way here proportional our population, beside a few anonymous far lefties (of a certain terrorist turn political party) ranting on Reddit about “taking care of own first” everyone talked to is happy to help people escaping rape, looting and murder.

I think this war is a wake up call for Europe as now we seen what real refugees look like (women and kids) not bearded young Muslim men that despise European culture and only want to make a few bob.

Edited by yelims

HOLA446
3 hours ago, shlomo said:

That is not fair.

If the leadership of a country is hell bent on war nothing can stop it, look at Blair’s illegal wars 

Huge protests agains the Iraq War and Blair is hounded over it to this day.

However, it has to be said its quite interesting how the likes of Stop the War and Russian trolls have been tying themselves up in knots over it.

HOLA447
16 hours ago, rollover said:

Daily MailRussia's rebranded McDonald's sells 120,000 burgers on its opening day

Russia's re-branded McDonald's sold more than 120,000 burgers on its opening day in Moscow, breaking all previous records from before the US chain left the country over its invasion of Ukraine. 

Paroev said. 'We have never seen such daily turnover in the whole time McDonald's has worked in Russia.'

Daily Mail

Ah Russia steals something else.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
38 minutes ago, pig said:

However, it has to be said its quite interesting how the likes of Stop the War and Russian trolls have been tying themselves up in knots over it.

Of course protesting against Blair and Iraq in the UK was considerably safer than protesting against Putin and Ukraine is in Russia.

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Of course protesting against Blair and Iraq in the UK was considerably safer than protesting against Putin and Ukraine is in Russia.

Absolutely - and it would be interesting to know what the true level of support for the war in Russia is.

HOLA4412
48 minutes ago, pig said:

Absolutely - and it would be interesting to know what the true level of support for the war in Russia is.

I'd guess higher than we'd like it to be to be honest, since few people want to admit they've got anything to do with anyone doing anything wrong, combined with never really having had an unbiased media (even by our poor standards). I'd like to think that Russian support would be low if they actually knew and believed what's going on, but most won't really know and many wouldn't believe it if they did. Knowing it, believing it, and supporting it anyway - I really hope those are few.

HOLA4413
2 hours ago, pig said:

Nothing will happen to Putin the people at the top want the ability to commit murder and genocide, sad really, it is as if we have not really progressed 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

I'd guess higher than we'd like it to be to be honest, since few people want to admit they've got anything to do with anyone doing anything wrong, combined with never really having had an unbiased media (even by our poor standards). I'd like to think that Russian support would be low if they actually knew and believed what's going on, but most won't really know and many wouldn't believe it if they did. Knowing it, believing it, and supporting it anyway - I really hope those are few.

Its a strange situation to have that many of people in the 21st century living in a bubble. Still I think there are many here apparently impervious to 'reality'.

Bizarre they are still refusing to call it a 'war'. Its probably more accurate to call it a genocidal invasion let alone 'war'.

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, pig said:

Its a strange situation to have that many of people in the 21st century living in a bubble. Still I think there are many here apparently impervious to 'reality'.

Bizarre they are still refusing to call it a 'war'. Its probably more accurate to call it a genocidal invasion let alone 'war'.

It started as a Special operation and then became a war and slowly it will become genocide as the way these things evolve 

HOLA4418
30 minutes ago, shlomo said:

It started as a Special operation and then became a war and slowly it will become genocide as the way these things evolve 

The invasion has been a war from the day it started. If you're going back to stealing Crimea you might just get away with "special operation" rather than outright war for that.

HOLA4419
9 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

The invasion has been a war from the day it started. If you're going back to stealing Crimea you might just get away with "special operation" rather than outright war for that.

If the Ukrainian had been passive then it would have stayed a special operation 

HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, shlomo said:

If the Ukrainian had been passive then it would have stayed a special operation 

What a weird comment.

You're trying to defend Putins propaganda by claiming when countries invade other countries is not war unless they fight back ?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
53 minutes ago, pig said:

What a weird comment.

You're trying to defend Putins propaganda by claiming when countries invade other countries is not war unless they fight back ?

I did not think i was defending Putin, but you are right I am, but not intentionally more how things how developed

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, shlomo said:

I did not think i was defending Putin, but you are right I am, but not intentionally more how things how developed

But then you're using his unique terminology to either make a pretty strange or completely banal point

Russia amassed a war force on Ukraines border of hundreds of thousands of troops. They went to War. Whats the 'Special Operations' nonsense all about ?

HOLA4425
21 minutes ago, pig said:

But then you're using his unique terminology to either make a pretty strange or completely banal point

Russia amassed a war force on Ukraines border of hundreds of thousands of troops. They went to War. Whats the 'Special Operations' nonsense all about ?

I am pretty stupid..