House Price Crash Forum
Perfectionist

House Prices Rise For Third Month .....

Ahhhh, RICS are showing rises, we can choose to ignore these guys from now on...

Come on, even the most hard-core bears could have realised we would see some sort of revival given the amount of mortgage lending. The question is, will it continue flat lining, go up or come down? I reckon overall we'll be flat at the year end.

I thought that most of this mortgage lending was releasing equity or at least securing a long term fixed rate..

Not buying so much... :)

Somebody has got to be buying, otherwise I think we would have seen a drop. Interesting to hear Radio 1 reporting on this, not their style usually...

<_<

Somebody has got to be buying, otherwise I think we would have seen a drop.

<_<

Is all going to end in tears for some people, methinks.

I earn twice as much as I did 10 years ago and I could not afford to buy the house I divorced from now.

Then I earned £18k and bought a £64k house with £6k deposit. I now earn £40k and houses in that area are selling for £200k. Same house, 10 years older, worse condition.

In Leeds of all placed.

I appreciate interest rates are lower....but for how long can you count on that?

Yeah, but at least they word it better

"U.K. House Prices Rose for Third Month in January, RICS Says"

This comment doesnt seem very bullish to me.

Even in a random outcome such as tossing a coin 3 heads in a row wouldnt be unusual.

House prices in general have an upwards trend.

I wonder how many months in a row before June 04 there were increases. Anyone?

Somebody has got to be buying, otherwise I think we would have seen a drop.

Yes, the reason I think prices in London and surrounding will go up 8 - 10% by Autumn is activity levels.

Notably B2L aquaintainces are adding stock in a way they have'nt been for a couple of years.

On top of this I know of FTBs that have been waiting who are now all taking the plunge. The fabled 'pent up demand' in action.

Anecdotal evidence like this is fair game for critiscism but the problem with empherical evidence is its historic so we wont have any for a while yet.

Somebody has got to be buying, otherwise I think we would have seen a drop. Interesting to hear Radio 1 reporting on this, not their style usually...

<_<

I'm a little surprised it was mentioned on Radio 1 "Chriss Moyles Show". Most of their audience is young priced out FTBs. So I would of thought they would avoid the house price issue all together.