House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

The Removal Of My "lets All Go Bankrupt Thread"

A few of the people online just now read my thread about all going bankrupt as a way of not feeling left out in the coming years.

This has been removed without any explanation from the moderator that did so.

So my question is

is this forum as it gets more popular starting to feel obliged to restrict freedom of speech more than it did in the past?.Are we losing the right to vent here?

And if indeed this is the case them it is definetly time to go elsewhere, as this forum has always been a great place for free speech in a world where free speech is very much restricted.

Can the mod explain what was so offensive about my thread ?

Moderator: The Topic in one part was an incitement to commit a serious criminal offence.

and can the mod's explain if the freedom of expresion is being restricted more on here for some reason.

Sometimes it gets a bit arbitary me thinks. This one will get picked off too pretty fast I reckon! (there's one moderator out there who is less than democratic me thinks, but I think that it is only one :o )

The fact you ramp going bankrupt is offensive to people like myself who have worked and saved hard only to be left behind by a rampant and ridiculous property market.

It is a win win situation for the reckless and anyone using it as a tool to avoid their responsibilities (not those who who are genuine) should IMHO be shot.

The fact you ramp going bankrupt is offensive to people like myself who have worked and saved hard only to be left behind by a rampant and ridiculous property market.

It is a win win situation for the reckless and anyone using it as a tool to avoid their responsibilities (not those who who are genuine) should IMHO be shot.

becuase you may feel its wrong is no reason to have something removed, if thats the case i would have half the threads on here removed.

my last threads along these lines

lets have a riot

lets build a shanty town

lets have a midnight sing song

all along the same theme of doing something other than waiting for a crash were not removed.And people may have found having a shanty town built next to them just as offensive.

but it got support from many members here

Moderator: The Topic in one part was an incitement to commit a serious criminal offence.

and can the mod's explain if the freedom of expresion is being restricted more on here for some reason.

There you go. I have to agree, I think going bankrupt is not the way forward. But I know where you're coming from. It does annoy me when friends seem to be proud of their huge debts. I also know a lot of them would be better off if they went bankrupt - in time they will probably realise that for themseleves (not that I will mention it).

I'm sure the prudent will benefit in the long run.

His was a humourous post showing how people have become debt ridden.

becuase you may feel its wrong is no reason to have something removed

Try telling that to someone with a nasty looking growth on their face.

my last threads along these lines

lets have a riot

lets build a shanty town

lets have a midnight sing song

all along the same theme of doing something other than waiting for a crash were not removed.And people may have found having a shanty town built next to them just as offensive.

The shanty town thing has already been done just with caravans. There are enough riots as it is at the moment with those stupid cartoons.

As for the midnight sing song let me know when it is....it sounds fun. (be warned most would say im tone deaf)

Try telling that to someone with a nasty looking growth on their face.

There's a difference between insulting and humour.

Edit: Maybe you're gay and my avatar offends you? Tough.

Edited by Mr Blek

There's a difference between insulting and humour.

Edit: Maybe you're gay and my avatar offends you? Tough.

Now your getting it. That is exactly the insulting feeling I get when people talk of running up hugh debt, living the life of riley and then going bankrupt to clear it.

Someone will have to pay and it won't be the lending institutions in the long run. It will be the hard working people who have their savings rates slashed and who loose their jobs as banks etc cut costs.

EDIT: Why would me being gay mean your avatar would offend me? Now you are being insulting gay people IMHO and showing your ignorance.

Edited by Anti_Claus

Now your getting it. That is exactly the insulting feeling I get when people talk of running up hugh debt, living the life of riley and then going bankrupt to clear it.

Someone will have to pay and it won't be the lending institutions in the long run. It will be the hard working people who have their savings rates slashed and who loose their jobs as banks etc cut costs.

*Sigh*

You're obviously not getting it.

Guess I didn't read original thread. Maybe it was humorous or tongue in cheek but that wasn't mentioned at the top. Apologise if i'm overeacting but talk like that p!sses me off. To me it makes a mockery of people who work hard and save and live by the rules (even if they do get screwed in the process).

EDIT: Enough on this already.

Edited by Anti_Claus

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Sometimes it gets a bit arbitary me thinks. This one will get picked off too pretty fast I reckon! (there's one moderator out there who is less than democratic me thinks, but I think that it is only one :o )

As I was the moderator who removed the thread I find your comments arrogant and insulting to my integrity.

As I was the moderator who removed the thread I find your comments arrogant and insulting to my integrity.

im homeless and your a tramp

we have so much in common

and yet we dont

sigh

Wooooahh, lets all eat the cool beans and drink the Kool-Aid, and listen to some Kool and the Gang so we can be cool like Huggy Bear!!

FWIW, I don't think she was talking about you B)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

FWIW, I don't think she was talking about you B)

I know, but don`t sling mud at the innocent. <_<

Guest The_Oldie

Moderating this forum is not a democratic process.

The majority of decisions are by necessity arbitrary. Although we often discuss matters that are likely to be controversial amongst ourselves, if we were to put every decision to a vote nothing would get done.

Guest Riser

Its ironic that we are surrounded by TV programmes and politicians such as Brown encouraging and celebrating debt yet it is a criminal offence to discuss the most obvious solution for many caught in the credit trap.

Its ironic that we are surrounded by TV programmes and politicians such as Brown encouraging and celebrating debt yet it is a criminal offence to discuss the most obvious solution for many caught in the credit trap.

Well mentioning 'Kirsty & Phil' got me 'moved' to off topic 3 times, so they must

be a 'criminal offence'!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Winners and Losers

I think that you just have to make it clear when you are being a bit 'sarcastic' in good humour. I think I would stop coming here too if we could not have a bit of good humoured banter and a bit of a p*ss take. Believe it or not, some of us who are committed to this site and HPC in general need a bit of light relief sometimes and every now and again it throws up some interesting opinions.

My comments were based on my experience of having a similar challenge to a thread being moved being moved off-topic within about 2 minutes. It was a serious commentary about a particular post that had been "trolled" which I thought unneccessary since the string I was referring to didn't strike me as "eau de troll" so much as a literary hoax which generated quality debate. I do consider there to be a qualitative difference.

I did expect the same to happen to this thread, but since it hasn't I must have got the wrong moderator.

As the thread is still here I apologies most humbly Charlie.