House Price Crash Forum

Relocation, Relocation

HOLA441
HOLA442

A young couple with over £400k and they can't move up the chain, says it all really, the ladder is broken! They "can't do what they want in the current market" says Phil. To confuse matters the chaps father is a property developer, oh, what has he and his ilk done!

They've advised them to lease.

Sh!t, this is funny!! Krusty has advised them to rent a place for £450/pm and the guy is saying "it wouldn't make sense to rent and throw away £450 each month when we have enough money to buy outright" and the big K is talking them round.

Mwhahha

I also like the programme sponsor, ING Direct Savings (for STR'ers?)

err... phil is a slimy barn-yard, hitting on the clients, 'picking her up' from the airport, getting a few cheeky kisses and commenting on a "with a smile like that", "the girl from the land of ABBA". This series is too much, Phil in a hot-tub, now this.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

[

err... phil is a slimy barn-yard, hitting on the clients, 'picking her up' from the airport, getting a few cheeky kisses and commenting on a "with a smile like that", "the girl from the land of ABBA". This series is too much, Phil in a hot-tub, now this.

:D:D Yes, I noticed that. Phil made it quite obvious he fancied her. (She was a pretty little thing though).

I think its even furnnier that this is the 3rd (I think) programme in a row that K & P have been unable to

get the couples to buy a secod property due to lack of funds.

Says it all really !!!

Edited by GAL BEAR

HOLA447

I ended up watching last night against my better judgement. The question that struck me is why on earth does anyone stay in the UK?

Well, that Swedish girl had the right idea. She wants to move permanently to her home-land. If it wasn't for the earning power of the UK very few people would choose to live here. Britain's a cesspit and no place to bring up a family.

Edited by shermanator

HOLA448

I ended up watching last night against my better judgement. The question that struck me is why on earth does anyone stay in the UK?

Yes, I must admit I HAVE to watch it even though I sit cringing all the way through it.

Its' a bit like a car crash, you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself.

Sick really !!! :(

HOLA449

Watching this made me think about scarce resources. Just because you own one house, as in the case of this couple, does not mean you can afford two.

Why did they think that 1 divided by 2 would equal 2?

Why were they disappointed when they realised, after months and months, that 1 divided by 2 equals two lots of 0.5?

I'm not even sure if their problem was a function of an overvalued market. There is a huge aspirational middle class that thinks it deserves 2 homes each, or more, but we don't suddenly have twice as many homes to go around.

The other thing that made me think they were clueless is that they wanted more time together and less commuting, hoping to have more time and energy, but for some reason they were looking for:

1. a life travelling between two countries (stressful)

2. two renovation projects (stressful x2)

3. commuting for hours a day for five days after coming off the plane from Sweden (more stress) and

4. having a baby (presumably also stressful).

Edited by geranium