House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfectionist

Us Prepares Military Blitz Against Iran ....

gathering a nice little head of steam isn't it??

....it's obvious that britain will not overtly be involved...hence the sending 3300 troops to southern afghan to "take care of the taleban"...nothing at all to do with the iranian border next to it.

....as for the french/german/danish etc media...well it's blatant provocation and they are complicit in this little episode......here comes the new world order!!!!....I'm sure we have laws against inciting racial hatred,now what about incitement by proxy?,does that count?

Iran has such nice neighbours: (nuclear-armed, soon to be oil-hungry) Russia to the north, (nuclear-armed, soon to be oil-hungy) Pakistan to the east, (very oil-hungry, nuclear-armed) India beyond that, and a little further east, just at the other end of Afghanistan, we have (nuclear-armed) China, that's (oil-hungry, nuclear-armed China, with the largest army in the world that invaded Vietnam in 1980 and nobody gave a t0ss).

Why does Iran want to develop nuclear weapons?

Answer: Duh!

So they are going to get stamped on for having the temerity to seek to arm themselves against a whole load of big animals that might just walk in to swipe their oil when Peak Oil turns the whole world into a bear garden...

Hard to know what to make of this one. Are they going to make an example of Iran to keep all the other "little" nuclear states in order?

Would Iran really use nuclear weapons in an offensive way? Are we to take seriously that Iran would launch a nuclear strike against Israel? That appears to be what we are supposed to think. But that's an idiotic idea. They wouldn't do it for the same reason the Soviets were never going to attack the West - their country would vanish in a puff of smoke. The worst that can be said about a nuclear Iran is that it makes things a bit more complicated in the region, but that does not justify the risk of aerial attacks by the West. Once we start those attacks, we'll have to go on doing it for years, all the while the Arab world getting more and more p1ssed off.

Yes, even I know that the Iranians are not an Arabic people - their language is Indo-European, not Semitic - but I suspect that will be quietly fogotten.

Could it be that the Bush Admin is deliberately provoking an oil crisis of biblical proportions in order to create such a shock that the West will be forced to face up to Peak Oil and act? I can't help feeling that while the masses are never going to pick up on PO, they can relate to the drama of a collapse in the oil supply forcing them into the emergency measures required to deal with PO.

Just a thought. Maybe wild and stupid... but I don't know. Otherwise, why keep twisting the dragon's tail?

Would Iran really use nuclear weapons in an offensive way? Are we to take seriously that Iran would launch a nuclear strike against Israel? That appears to be what we are supposed to think. But that's an idiotic idea. They wouldn't do it for the same reason the Soviets were never going to attack the West - their country would vanish in a puff of smoke.
Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called on Friday for the destruction of Israel, describing it as a "cancerous tumor" in the Middle East.

"Iran's stance has always been clear on this ugly phenomenon (Israel). We have repeatedly said that this cancerous tumor of a state should be removed from the region," Khamenei told thousands of Muslim worshippers in Tehran.

"The new Palestinian generation has learned that struggle is the way to victory, not negotiations," Khamenei said, referring to the deadlocked U.S.-sponsored Middle East peace process.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3018932.stm

Ayatollah Montazeri, who is also one of Iran's leading dissidents, questioned the powers of the Supreme Leader. This led to the closure of his religious school, an attack on his office in Qom and to a period of house arrest.
In May 2003, over 100 members of parliament wrote an open letter to the ayatollah, warning that unless he removes obstacles to reforms the survival of the Islamic system will be at risk.

The MPs said Iran was facing a stark choice between democracy and dictatorship. The letter was posted on two Iranian websites, but was removed by the authorities after 24 hours.

Does ANYONE REALLY think Iran should have nukes while these nutballs are in charge???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3018932.stm

Does ANYONE REALLY think Iran should have nukes while these nutballs are in charge???

Not me but I could not be bothered to post on a topic that has been done to death.

I am very happy for their nuclear sites to be bombed. I am bored of the paranoid conspiracy theorists taking a break from housing conspiracy theories to suggest anything but the obvious reason to destroy the sites, namely that more mad Muslims with nukes will have few qualms about starting a nuclear exchange with Israel or even Europe, since the new Shihabs are in range of Italy already and getting closer to us in range as they keep working on them. Aside from that is the risk that they pass nuclear weapons to terrorists.

namely that more mad Muslims with nukes will have few qualms about starting a nuclear exchange with Israel or even Europe

well said :)

Give these suicide bombers nukes then it will be mutual assured destruction (MAD) for us if we don’t convert to Islam and they get to go to haven for pressing the button.

No we should not rob them of oil but nor should we allow them to have nukes, just look how they riot over a few cartoons, you know what they say about glass house and stones