Turkish Lira collapses, markets closed

HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
24 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Plenty of wise Turkish bought Bitcoin, and protected their wealth, they are happy as pigs in shit and going nowhere. Bitcoin in Turkish Lira is near all time highs. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, Casual-observer said:

A country's economy under strain, possible contagion on world markets, impact for imports and exports.

...and all you can think of is 'will there be more dinghies on my coast....'?

HOLA445
1 hour ago, msi said:

A country's economy under strain, possible contagion on world markets, impact for imports and exports.

Ironically Turkey invested in facilities and created stable new infrastructure for refugees. When a typical crap US interviewer said to Erdogan, who let's face it is a dictatorial nutcase, "aren't you just making the problem permanent" he replied "they're people!" - when he's more caring than you I think its time to question your life choices.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I salute Turkey for selflessly setting themselves up as an example of what low interest rates can do to a country. Let's hope this gets into the minds of all people under the financial heel of the Fed, BoE, ECB etc. "Don't be like Turkey" people will cry!

Turkey cuts interest rates despite spiralling inflation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59681825

Rates here at >6% next November? :)

HOLA448

The safest Currencies at the moment are the US dollar and Pound Sterling, I would not be confident holding Euros if the Russian Juggernaut moves towards Ukraine 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
23 minutes ago, reddog said:

Swiss Francs?

I am sure Switzerland economy is 75% linked to the Euro Zone, which is probably not a good thing at the moment 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
10 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Why would there be more migrants and why would any country accept them?

There are almost 4 million refugees in Turkey (source). So I suppose the logic might be that if whatever Turkish lira they get is buying less and less, they might decide to leave and migrate to the EU and some might come to UK?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
35 minutes ago, telespy said:

There are almost 4 million refugees in Turkey (source). So I suppose the logic might be that if whatever Turkish lira they get is buying less and less, they might decide to leave and migrate to the EU and some might come to UK?

Correct, Erdogan uses refugees as a bargaining chip with the EU.

If the country either destabilises/bankrupts and/or descends into civil war then it spells bad news Europe for many fronts. 

15 hours ago, msi said:

Easy tiger, it was just an observation. I'm sure you'll be first in the queue to put them up in your house. 

HOLA4415
18 hours ago, markyh said:

Plenty of wise Turkish bought Bitcoin, and protected their wealth, they are happy as pigs in shit and going nowhere. Bitcoin in Turkish Lira is near all time highs. 

Not without electricity 

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, telespy said:

Turkey also has a population around 84 million, clearly our new Brexit Government will be welcoming all of them to work in much needed roles such in Turkish Coffee Shops and Barbers.

HOLA4417
4 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not without electricity 

Yeah but without electricity you cant get cash from an ATM or use cash in a Supermarket in a modern city either.  Pretty much everything is screwed.  you can spend with Bitcoin if both parties use mobile phone apps and a data signal. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
15 hours ago, shlomo said:

The safest Currencies at the moment are the US dollar and Pound Sterling, I would not be confident holding Euros if the Russian Juggernaut moves towards Ukraine 

Because you truly believe that BoJo won't go joining in on whatever irrational shenaningans are going on over there.

I think you'll find that in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust ALL currencies will be worthless.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Because you truly believe that BoJo won't go joining in on whatever irrational shenaningans are going on over there.

I think you'll find that in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust ALL currencies will be worthless.

But will houses go down in value...LOL

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
8 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Putin expresses his alpha behavior by invading countries, BJ displays it by popping women, we are lot safer as BJ as leader

Lock-up-your-daughters.jpg 

HOLA4424
31 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Property will presumably get cheap for non-Turkish buyers?

Never been there though. So no idea what the place is like. Are there ANY parts of the country worth living in?

Tourist areas on the southern coast are lovely places. Been to Antalya and Alanya many times.

Lovely housing, very cheap (100-200k euro) for 4 bed new build villa.

Very cheap cost of living. Check out rightmove.

Everything is priced in euro, £ , $.

HOLA4425