House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frugalista

My Company Experiencing Problems

My company is a large US-based electronics manufacturer, one of the most profitable large companies in the US.

I just watched the CEO's quarterly message. We had a good quarter, with orders growing fast all round North America, Europe (esp. Germany and France), the Far East and the emerging economies. There was one exception, which he singled out, the UK.

Seems that UK businesses are struggling to find the money for capital investment in our equipment.... looks bad, doesn't it?

frugalista

Frugalista,

This country's future is being pi$$ed up against the property wall, we will make nothing, we will do nothing, we will be worth nothing if we are going to continue along the current course.

Frugalista,

This country's future is being pi$$ed up against the property wall, we will make nothing, we will do nothing, we will be worth nothing if we are going to continue along the current course.

Our business will be to sell each other our ageing property.

It's a shame we can't export our houses. Hmm... I'm not anyone else wants to play our game of charades.

Well at least we have the Olympics, as host are we able nominate some new sports which we could excel at?

Say...

Long Shot.

10m Stagger.

Speed bankruptcy.

Synchronized drowning.

You've forgotten that Crash Gordon told us only this Sunday that 'education' was going to be a key export for the UK. No - I haven't got a fecking clue what he was on about either.

LL

Lord Luggage

I think he meant that everyone that had one would wise up and leave. :o

Good thinking OnlyMe

Unfortunately, the expats that I share my little Spanish town with all seem to have fled the country for more sinister reasons - would welcome an injection of intellectual company to debate issues like HPC and politics - I just get celebrity-based twaddle at the moment, mostly from trolley dollies (sorry, highly trained flight attendants).

Cheers

LL

Probelem with the UK is that, unlike all other countries, both the public & private sectors have maxed out their credit & are skint.

The private sector has nothing to show for it apart from some fading suntans from the most recent MEW funded holiday, plastic surgery, new kitchens, new cars (still with half the payments outstanding) and big credit card bills.

The public sector has the millenium dome.

Frugalista,

Didn't you know?....We don't need a ''real'' economy anymore. We can all become rich by buying and selling property...........

Guest Bart of Darkness

Who want want our shoddily built, cramped and bland design houses?

I can just imagine the response of the rest of the world to exported UK housing (much pointing and loud, derisory laughter).

You've forgotten that Crash Gordon told us only this Sunday that 'education' was going to be a key export for the UK. No - I haven't got a fecking clue what he was on about either.

This country and the fate of our economy will teach us and everyone else in the world a big lesson that nobody will ever want to repeat.

LL

Maybe he means lots more foreign students paying fees to learn bombing making skills, sorry attend chemistry and electronic engineering courses...

Edited by Scooter

LL

I think I know what he means in exporting education – both our daughters with good UK degrees (one medical and other, internal designer) have planned to do a runner to OZ and Finland for a real life.

So Crash Gordon is exporting the next generation of talented people, to countries who can offer them a chance to purchase a house, and raise a family.

Good for me, more places to go on holiday …….

i don't know what you are all whinging about. it's a global economy so you have to be prepared to travel the world to buy a house and get a good job. we don't need to manufacture when china and india can do it for us.

god, you people.