House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

National Be Nice To Estate Agents Day

some prog on ch5 tonight at 8pm about estate agents vomit_smiley_015.gif

This is the latest lambs-to-the-slaughter business programme, a cross between The Apprentice and Dragons' Den - only cheaper. Five smartly dressed wannabes compete for a career break in front of a merciless interview panel, completing "gruelling tests" and going on "one hell of a journey" to land a "dream job". The dream job up for grabs this week is working as an estate agent - no sniggering at the back - in west London. The basic format is nicely gripping, mostly because everyone watching will have their view on who should win. But don't look for any great subtlety: the endless recaps and attempts to crank up the tension get tiring after a while. Still, if you've ever given a horrendous job interview, you may find the show oddly cathartic. And there's a nasty recruitment consultant, the all-important baddie, who is a hoot.

I am an estate agent, and the above two comments have deeply upset me. However, in the interests of free speech, I accept their right to criticise me and my colleagues. In fact, if they would like to come to our premises in St Helens, I could also show them a couple of nice properties just come on to the market!

Posted by Trevor Graham on February 14, 2006 06:03 PM.

come to us were desperate. absolute f**kers :P:P :angry:

I am an estate agent, and the above two comments have deeply upset me. However, in the interests of free speech, I accept their right to criticise me and my colleagues. In fact, if they would like to come to our premises in St Helens, I could also show them a couple of nice properties just come on to the market!

Posted by Trevor Graham on February 14, 2006 06:03 PM.

come to us were desperate. absolute f**kers :P:P :angry:

If you're an estate agent, maybe you could give us some anecdotes and thoughts on what is happening to the housing market? What area are you from?

If you're an estate agent, maybe you could give us some anecdotes and thoughts on what is happening to the housing market? What area are you from?

He was quoting from the blog site i think

He was quoting from the blog site i think

Oh. Silly me. You caught me out - I never read the comments at the bottom!

Edited by Jason

I actually think that the correct formula for dealing with Estate Agents is "cordial but firm".

No point in marching into the EA acting like a complete **** because I don't think they are likely to want to deal with you even in a market like this one.

So, might as well be nice to them, and they'll be more likely to share things with you - but when it comes down to it, be firm and take absolutely no BS whatsoever.