House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Ftse Pull Your Socks Up

Dow has popped it's head over 11,000 again... how long can it stay there?

A combination of better retail figures, falling oil price and hope of hints at Fed rate cuts for tomorrow.

Have been adding to my shorts heavily today. Avg price now 10,948. :o

Jesus Christ FTSE responds at last !!! And about time too !!!!

FTSE100 5828.90 closed up 37.40 on the day which is 0.65% (a new 4 and a half year high)

FTSE 250 9368.90 closed up 34.30 on the day which is 0.37% (a new alltime high)

Last gasp for this leg up, I reckon. Primarily caused by crude dropping from $69 to $58 in the last month. Crude is very oversold now and due a serious bounce.

Technical indicators are screaming overbought, and bearish divergences abound.

OK i'm going to go out on a limb here

TOP.....

get out now or loose.

Time to scale out and reverse.

Edited by jonpo

OK i'm going to go out on a limb here

TOP.....

get out now or loose.

Time to scale out and reverse.

There may be some life left in the market yet with the ISA end of season mad rush about to begin (well, that's what all the ISA sellers will be hoping for). If so then it might be worth sticking to the old adage "sell in May and go away" or maybe April? I fancy a "correction" sooner rather than later though. Not entirely convinced that it will be a big one mind.

There may be some life left in the market yet with the ISA end of season mad rush about to begin (well, that's what all the ISA sellers will be hoping for). If so then it might be worth sticking to the old adage "sell in May and go away" or maybe April? I fancy a "correction" sooner rather than later though. Not entirely convinced that it will be a big one mind.

Doubt we will see much activity after the final dividends have been paid. Interest rate rises in euroland and japan will mean we see much less take over action.

Maybe we will see the more normal trend of a boring summer (i.e. falls) followed by whatever the autumn and Christmas have to offer us.