House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
underpressuretobuy

On Tv Tonight - Win A Dream Job!

Selling Yourself

8:00pm - 9:00pm

Five

1/6 - The Estate Agent

This is the latest lambs-to-the-slaughter business programme, a cross between The Apprentice and Dragons' Den - only cheaper. Five smartly dressed wannabes compete for a career break in front of a merciless interview panel, completing "gruelling tests" and going on "one hell of a journey" to land a "dream job".

The dream job up for grabs this week is working as an estate agent - no sniggering at the back - in west London.

:lol::lol::lol:

Selling Yourself

8:00pm - 9:00pm

Five

1/6 - The Estate Agent

This is the latest lambs-to-the-slaughter business programme, a cross between The Apprentice and Dragons' Den - only cheaper. Five smartly dressed wannabes compete for a career break in front of a merciless interview panel, completing "gruelling tests" and going on "one hell of a journey" to land a "dream job".

The dream job up for grabs this week is working as an estate agent - no sniggering at the back - in west London.

:lol::lol::lol:

dream job? thats my worst nightmare! :lol:

I caught a little bit of this programme. The part when the EA took offence at one of the wannabe's implying that EA's were dishonest. He wasn't happy, lol. :lol:

Edited by libitina

I caught a little bit of this programme. The part when the EA took offence at one of the wannabe's implying that EA's were dishonest. He wasn't happy, lol. :lol:

Yeah, did you hear want he said? "Those agents were weeded out ages ago" or something similar

The question they asked that lass re what she'd do if 'a client complained saying his house was still on the market and why hadn't it sold'. I was screaming at the TV saying: 'tell him its overpriced and the markets about to crash!'

Haha yes this was indeed hilarious.

What idiot at the BBC (EDIT: Channel5) thought that 'estate agent' could be considered a prestige job???? You really couldn't make it up.

The way they 'grilled' the contestants you'd think they were offering a job in M.I.5!! :D

I particularly liked the 'test' where they each had to sell a totally useless item (broken squash racket, a feather boa etc.). Very appropriate.

PS the blond girl won (despite getting flummoxed at the 'under pressure test').

Edited by Londoner

Haha yes this was indeed hilarious.

What idiot at the BBC thought that 'estate agent' could be considered a prestige job???? You really couldn't make it up.

The way they 'grilled' the contestants you'd think they were offering a job in M.I.5!! :D

I particularly liked the 'test' where they each had to sell a totally useless item (broken squash racket, a feather boa etc.). Very appropriate.

PS the blond girl won (despite getting flummoxed at the 'under pressure test').

Pssst....it was channel 5, not the BBC ;)

Personally I would have got the job I think.

Oh and so would any other HPCer, because we are great.

I would have said that realistic pricing is the only thing that is going to save your business mate.

Interestingly, none of them, not one of them was at all even bothered about the market or selling houses. They were all given time to come up with a 1 minute pitch about why they would be good at the job and not one said that it would be important to understand the market dynamics, or have any experience.

It was simply incidental to the contestents or the employer that to know anything about property is important for the job.

THat in itself gives us massive clues as to what an EA needs, and what the EA employer wants. It also tells us that no one in the business even thinks about macro economic theory, its current greatest threat.

THe mind boggles.

It was simply incidental to the contestents or the employer that to know anything about property is important for the job.

It was all geared towards sales and no importance was attached to understanding the market.