House Price Crash Forum

Bozo wants to hike National Insurance to pay for social care

1 hour ago, Casual-observer said:

They've seemingly been the predominant backers of lockdowns

Seemingly is that all you have to go on let's go after one specific group as they seemingly backed lockdown , no figures, no facts it just seems that way.  

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The vast majority of those furloughed where the young (~70%) sitting at home on a year and a half long holiday. The boomers should cough up but let's not pretend who really benefited from the Covid holidays. 

Which wasn't their choice and I'm sure many would rather have not had a 20% pay cut and then be hit with a tax bill so the predominant boomers it all ultimately benefited can have a few more years of golf.

I just smacks of greed to be honest to throw the costs of this on kids. Lets not make out furlough was some easy ride of young kids lounging around a beach. 

The majority of the time was sitting idle in a small flat with nothing to do and a 20% pay cut. 

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Sadly on the other side Labour don't seem all that bothered about working age people and also want to chase Tory-voting pensioners.

The only people Labour care about are minority groups. Hence working age people of all classes and pensioners of all classes voted Tory.  

1 minute ago, Insane said:

Seemingly is that all you have to go on let's go after one specific group as they seemingly backed lockdown , no figures, no facts it just seems that way.  

At the end of the day you can only go off your own personal experiences. 

There's some boomers now I know who would still have us following some ridiculous zero covid policy.

The kids can all go working minimum wage for dilveroo and feed their kids off it too apparently. 

17 minutes ago, FANG said:

Could he do any worse than CON/LAB. You tell me. 

On his own ? Yes !

I mean I know he likes the sound of his own voice, but could he be PM, Foreign Secretary, Health Minister, Defence Secretary etc, etc all at once ?

He's a protest politician. I don't agree with a lot of the things he says, but I have to admit he is pretty good at doing what he does. But he can't govern the country by himself !

AFAICT there is no alternative to the Tories at the moment, and while Labour fail to get their act together, the Tories have little incentive to improve theirs.

16 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Which wasn't their choice and I'm sure many would rather have not had a 20% pay cut and then be hit with a tax bill so the predominant boomers it all ultimately benefited can have a few more years of golf.

I just smacks of greed to be honest to throw the costs of this on kids. Lets not make out furlough was some easy ride of young kids lounging around a beach. 

The majority of the time was sitting idle in a small flat with nothing to do and a 20% pay cut. 

Not my experience at all. All those younger than me sitting on furlough were really enjoying themselves for a year and a half. So much so that they are now refering to millenials as 'generation resignation'

‘The Great Resignation’: Why Gen Z Is Leaving The Workforce In Droves…And What To Do About It

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonwingard/2021/09/02/the-great-resignation-why-gen-z-is-leaving-the-workforce-in-drovesand-what-to-do-about-it/?sh=471596845f87

13 minutes ago, Insane said:

Mine are very different to yours. 

Indeed. Most boomers I know were ignoring or flaunting the rules. When asked why the reply was always something about 'someone not telling them what to do'.

7 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

On his own ? Yes !

I mean I know he likes the sound of his own voice, but could he be PM, Foreign Secretary, Health Minister, Defence Secretary etc, etc all at once ?

He's a protest politician. I don't agree with a lot of the things he says, but I have to admit he is pretty good at doing what he does. But he can't govern the country by himself !

AFAICT there is no alternative to the Tories at the moment, and while Labour fail to get their act together, the Tories have little incentive to improve theirs.

The problem with most protest groups in the UK is they end up being infiltrated by ex affiliates of the mainstream parties in one sense or another. Lets be honest, the main parties have every incentive to do it and bring them down from within. 

Henry Bolton was by far the strangest choice of replacement I think I've ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

On his own ? Yes !

True, but you are forgetting that governments have a habit of becoming more corrupt the longer they are in power.

I used to think it was just a Tory thing but unfortunately its not.

1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

The vast majority of those furloughed where the young (~70%) sitting at home on a year and a half long holiday. The boomers should cough up but let's not pretend who really benefited from the Covid holidays. 

I think GenX has paid most of the bill. I want a rebate! 

2 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

True, but you are forgetting that governments have a habit of becoming more corrupt the longer they are in power.

I used to think it was just a Tory thing but unfortunately its not.

Its time to get to the lifeboats then as its each man for himself and fook the rest of you. 

30 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Indeed. Most boomers I know were ignoring or flaunting the rules. When asked why the reply was always something about 'someone not telling them what to do'.

Oh most of your boomer friends and acquaintances were flouting the rules while most of your younger friends and acquaintances were sticking to them. Strange Circles you move in.  

8 minutes ago, Insane said:

It's not been paid yet. 

Should have qualified with "so far"

But if we include notional interest reduced by payments now and over time future Gen X payments, I'm sure we are paying more than our fair share.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

7 minutes ago, Insane said:

Oh most of your boomer friends and acquaintances were flouting the rules while most of your younger friends and acquaintances were sticking to them. Strange Circles you move in.  

I didn't say anything about the young sticking to rules. I said they were furloughed sitting at home on a year and a half long holiday in the literal sense.

2 minutes ago, Insane said:

So that's a Not then. 

Gen X kept the ship afloat allowing the economy to rebound.

Gen X has made the first payments against the principal borrowing and there these are in many ways the most valuable as they reduce interest overtime.

I think GenX has made the biggest contribution.

1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Gen X kept the ship afloat allowing the economy to rebound.

Gen X has made the first payments against the principal borrowing and there these are in many ways the most valuable as they reduce interest overtime.

I think GenX has made the biggest contribution.

I think all us Boomers who are still working and paying the same tax rates as Gen X should do a door step Clap for Gen X .

Even though the poplar belief from the Gen X's on here is that they are the only ones working and paying while Boomers collect massive pensions paid for by Gen X is complete Bull let's ignore Facts and Drown out any discussion with Loud Claps for Gen X.