House Price Crash Forum

Us GenX HPCers are the height of fashion

Interesting article about the return of Y2K fashion, basically either copies of or vintage clothes from the late 1990s. 
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/style/y2k-style-back-fashion-new-generation-fans-young-remember-heyday/

(turn off javascript to read)

Whilst I think the article is mainly referring to girls / ladies' clothing (I always liked a slim girl in a crop top), I can also confirm I still have an fine collection of men's 1990s clothing - just it's from the first time round!! Probably need to clear out wardrobe!!!

3 hours ago, Money Frugality said:

Where have these mythical creatures gone…! 

May be due for a comeback, with retro fashion and post C19 weight scares.

But there was still had a fair share of fat giirls in the 1990s, i think you have to go back to the 1960/70s for the majority to be slim.

8 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Interesting article about the return of Y2K fashion, basically either copies of or vintage clothes from the late 1990s. 
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/style/y2k-style-back-fashion-new-generation-fans-young-remember-heyday/

Whilst I think the article is mainly referring to girls / ladies' clothing (I always liked a slim girl in a crop top), I can also confirm I still have an fine collection of men's 1990s clothing - just it's from the first time round!! Probably need to clear out wardrobe!!!

Me too , but none of it fits! i would need to lose six stone!! But i'm on it, a $USD millionaire now thanks to crypto and a spit away from a £GBP millionaire, promised the wife i would lose as much weight as possible by her 50th in October 2022 IF she ejects my in laws from our house by the end of November she promised. "Apparently the have lots of points to bid for council places now, told her i don't care, they can private rent if not successful. 

So i have some work to do. Have a lovely black Louis Vuitton suit and shoes. 

9 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I went to an 80’s party a while back. My friend suggested I just wore my normal clothes. 😆

Old van trainers, 501’s and a Fred Perry…job done. All I needed to do is brush my teeth and I was ready. Most of my stuff is 30 years old….and when it’s gets really scruffy it becomes my ‘painting outfit’.

I look very fashionable every 7/10 years or so. 🤦🏻‍♂️😆😆

It’s crop tops aplenty round here. Not always accompanied by washboard stomachs but I’m not allowed to be fattist or I’ll get cancelled :D

Without a lie I saw a group of yoofs walking towards me a few months ago and it was like an extras scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

Get ebaying that 90s vintage gear - it’ll be 2000s fashion before we know it.

3 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Get ebaying that 90s vintage gear - it’ll be 2000s fashion before we know it.

2000s, total fashion nightmare!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.b69eaf960867b88f222bae44de6fe34c.jpeg

2000 also saw cheap globalisation clothes too, though the girl on the left can carry off the crop top!!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

14 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Can you beat the Telegraph paywall by just turning off JavaScript?  (Mind you my life has been better since I stopped reading the Telegraph, so maybe I doy want to go down that route!!)

1 hour ago, reddog said:

Can you beat the Telegraph paywall by just turning off JavaScript?  (Mind you my life has been better since I stopped reading the Telegraph, so maybe I doy want to go down that route!!)

Yes, certainly using the Brave browser.