House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
classixuk

Could You Become A Property Millionaire?

Hi All,

A little piece of work I've spent the evening making in Flash. This animated quiz was inspired by the fact that a lot of members seem to say lately that once friends and family see the graph of house prices adjusted for inflation they realise that maybe "It isn't different this time".

Enjoy it, and forward the link to anyone you feel may appreciate it's message!

Any probs with it, let me know in this thread!

Have a look here

Cheers everyone,

Classixuk.

P.S. Slater14...there's a message for you in the credits at the end ;)

Edited by classixuk

Hi All,

A little piece of work I've spent the evening making in Flash. This animated quiz was inspired by the fact that a lot of members seem to say lately that once friends and family see the graph of house prices adjusted for inflation they realise that maybe "It isn't different this time".

Enjoy it, and forward the link to anyone you feel may appreciate it's message!

Any probs with it, let me know in this thread!

Have a look here

Cheers everyone,

Classixuk.

P.S. Slater14...there's a message for you in the credits at the end ;)

I guess the SP equivalent will have Yazz and the Plastic population singing "the only way is up" :lol:

Spread the message

nice one, classix

an old saying is: what goes parabolic, crashes

true here too.

what is weird is this top, which istaking a long time:

due to:

+ demographics,

+ sustained ultra-loose credit

Its the ultra-loose credit at the moment. I'm considering maxing out a 4.68% 10 year mortgage. With saving rates of 5.15% and my wife not working at the moment I can't see how to lose on it (unless saving interest rates rise above 7% and we end up having to pay tax on it).

Excellent work as always. :)

I have forwarded it to the BBC, Sky news, the Guardian, The Independent, The Sun and The Mail. ;)

Edited by libitina

What was interesting when I was making this game was my other half's "eureka" comment.

As I was writing out the answers for each of the 5 booms and why they happened (or are happening) this is what I was told:

"It seems to me that the reason for every single one of these booms is the fascination of getting rich quick. I wonder how many of the people buying tulips or stocks and shares even knew anything about the product they were buying? I reckon that it doesn't matter if it's houses or flowers; tell someone they will get rich quick and without much effort, provide a little bit of proof and they will give you their life savings. It's human nature for most people. Of course, if booms really created wealth, then every person on the planet would be rich by now. We've had enough booms in history for it to happen if that were the case. It looks like the reason behind every boom and crash in history is sheer human greed to get rich quick."

I honestly felt like changing all of the factual, well researched answers to "GREED" after that. It summed it up quite nicely.

:lol:

"It seems to me that the reason for every single one of these booms is the fascination of getting rich quick. I wonder how many of the people buying tulips or stocks and shares even knew anything about the product they were buying? I reckon that it doesn't matter if it's houses or flowers; tell someone they will get rich quick and without much effort, provide a little bit of proof and they will give you their life savings. It's human nature for most people. Of course, if booms really created wealth, then every person on the planet would be rich by now. We've had enough booms in history for it to happen if that were the case. It looks like the reason behind every boom and crash in history is sheer human greed to get rich quick."

I think the slight difference with the housing boom is that all these DIY TV Make-over programmes have convinced people that a splash of beige paint, some beige carpet and some MDF - done by them - is what is the reason why house prices have soared. I think in many people's minds falling IRs have nothing to do with why their property doubled or trebled - it was all that beige paint!

Does anyone have a link to that other property millionaire game where you have to buy and sell houses as they come on the market to get to own the millionaire's mansion?

I want to send both of these games out they are brilliant!

UPDATE: I was looking for Mansion Impossible - found it.

Edited by underpressuretobuy

true here too.

what is weird is this top, which istaking a long time:

due to:

+ sustained ultra-loose credit

For your information, when I was going to buy a house (I've now seen the error of my ways) back in 2004, I always used to use Northern Rock's website to see how much I could borrow. On joint salary it used to work out at 4.2 times the total. Well, I went back today and now the max amount I can borrow is 2.98 joint salary. I don't know if different levels of salary make a difference, but I was doing the same/similar salary as me and hubby were on in 2004. I also notice that for a single salary it is about 3.7x. Northern Rock used to be one of the loosest lenders around a couple of years ago.

Maybe we are here? Maybe they are tightening up?

Excellent work as always. :)

I have forwarded it to the BBC, Sky news, the Guardian, The Independent, The Sun and The Mail. ;)

That didn't take long! Someone from the BBC has not only played the game, but has returned 3 times! (Unless of course we have an overly bored HPC member who happens to work at the BBC too! LOL)

Well done Libitinia!

;)

That didn't take long! Someone from the BBC has not only played the game, but has returned 3 times! (Unless of course we have an overly bored HPC member who happens to work at the BBC too! LOL)

Well done Libitinia!

;)

You're welcome (although it's probably the tea lady playing it :lol: ) :D

Wouldn't hurt for others to send it too ;)

Edited by libitina

Oh so very true!

What is it about October?

I didn't know that the 1929 crash happened in Oct, and I did know 1987 was Oct. So what can we expect for Oct 2006?

I guess the SP equivalent will have Yazz and the Plastic population singing "the only way is up" :lol:

Spread the message

wrong cycle blek!!!!

this one will be the specials!

THIS TOWN.......AAAAH,AHH

IS NOTHING BUT A GHOST TOWN....AAAAH,AH

ALL THE LETTINGS,

HAVE CLOSED DOWN.

THIS TOWN......AAAH.AH

IS NOTHING BUT A GHOST TOWN......AAHH,AH

LAND-LORDS AINT NO MORE.

(TOO MUCH PISSIN ON DE WOOD FLOOR!!)

Edited by oracle

Great job Classix!

btp

YEAH,FANTASTIC JOB CLASSIX.GREAT SOUNDTRACK TOO!!!

...maybe a little trick in the middle to throw people off the scent would be a nice touch,wouldn't want people thinking pressing the blue arrow is a sure-fire wineer would we???...a little bit of uncertainty is good!

Hehe...

I have this picture now of people back in 1637 chatting whilst milking the cow....

"So I've invested all my money in tulips... tulips always go up in price!"

And a mate saying...

"Yep, I've just put all my pension fund into tulips... they're safe as houses!"

Muhahahhaha

......a little bit of history repeating itself.....

- Pye (Property Speculation Ninja :ph34r: )