House Price Crash Forum

A Frustrated First-time Buyer

Peach

HOLA441

My friends all have them. I've sat around waiting for prices to fall, but it just hasn't happened. I even sold my Mondeo and deposited all of the money I made, one day I hope the interest I earn will get me that DB7. I guess until a fall happens, it makes sense for me to give my money to Avis rent-a-car - afterall using a loan to buy a car means I'm renting it from the bank.

HOLA442
HOLA443

My friends all have them. I've sat around waiting for prices to fall, but it just hasn't happened. I even sold my Mondeo and deposited all of the money I made, one day I hope the interest I earn will get me that DB7. I guess until a fall happens, it makes sense for me to give my money to Avis rent-a-car - afterall using a loan to buy a car means I'm renting it from the bank.

Thanks for flagging up your economic idiocy. Saves us the bother of arguing with you! :P

HOLA444
HOLA445

buy one second hand.. they depreciate like a brick..

You just have to know your market..

:)

HOLA446

You completely misunderstand this.

You are supposed, as a first time buyer, to buy the STRing vendor an Aston Martin for his shitty used-to-be-55K-now-120K Stockport terrace house.

You first time buyers just want everything. Why are you waiting? They will only get more expensive!

:D

HOLA447
HOLA448

You should have kept the Mondeo for spares for an Aston. A friend of mine has a DBvanquishvirage thing (just a car), it looks like Ford switchgear in places.

HOLA449

You can buy a secondhand DB7 for the same money as a new top of the line Mondeo now:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

Not only that, but the secondhand values of flash motors will plummet when the serious economic pain starts. Anyone who's cash rich and who fancies treating themselves to a posh car is going to be in a very good position a year from now :).

HOLA4410

Thanks Rave! Gosh! I can swap my N-reg fiesta for an N-reg Aston Martin then. I'll ask my rich home-owning friends to MEW a bit for me. I'm sure they don't need all that profit they have made, sitting in their armchairs.

HOLA4411

You can buy a secondhand DB7 for the same money as a new top of the line Mondeo now:

Not only that, but the secondhand values of flash motors will plummet when the serious economic pain starts. Anyone who's cash rich and who fancies treating themselves to a posh car is going to be in a very good position a year from now :).

SO the best advice is avoid new builds (New Mondeos with all the trimmings incl new carpets and cupholders)

Keep renting the AVIS car (think of the flexibility of renting a car... no maintenance or service charges on the rental)

Save like mad

Buy an Aston in a year or two when (if?) prices plummet.

Then in a few years when (if?) Aston prices boom, MEW the Aston to within an inch of its life to put new windows and carpets in it and give it a respray and bigger engine.

Sorted.

HOLA4412

Have you thought about getting a better paid job, even a second job, or maybe consider starting up your own business. Personally you 'FT-car-Bers' should stop being so lazy. Get off your backside and earn some decent money.

HOLA4413

Have you thought about getting a better paid job, even a second job, or maybe consider starting up your own business. Personally you 'FT-car-Bers' should stop being so lazy. Get off your backside and earn some decent money.

There are other options.

You could buy an Aston with a friend or group of friends, i.e. an 'Aston group purchase scheme'

You club together to buy the car and share the payments and you each get a set of keys.

(Whoever bags the seat with the steering wheel may prove unpopular with the group...)

You should have kept the Mondeo for spares for an Aston. A friend of mine has a DBvanquishvirage thing (just a car), it looks like Ford switchgear in places.

Couldn't agree more. I've seen 20 bedroom mansions with the same B&Q light switches found in studio flats...

HOLA4414

Hmm, Britton Close, Lewisham, probably a flat.

Woudn't like to park it outside your pad :P:P

HOLA4415

My friends all have them. I've sat around waiting for prices to fall, but it just hasn't happened. I even sold my Mondeo and deposited all of the money I made, one day I hope the interest I earn will get me that DB7.

Your friends are obviously much cleverer than you, they worked hard, by work I mean they bought a run down terrace for £30k and painted it cream then sold it five years later for £120k thus netting them enough to buy an Aston.

You on the otherhand have just been lazy, I expect you've been out working for a company or something, that's not good enough, you must try harder.

Try STR'ing your wife and pets.

HOLA4416

I've heard that several million Polish plumbers are now living in Crewe and earning about £500k per month - surely this huge increase in demand will cause the asking price of all DB7s to go up due to shortage? I better buy a few now with my STR pot, as they will be worth a lot more soon. :lol:

Cheers

LL

HOLA4417

There are other options.

You could buy an Aston with a friend or group of friends, i.e. an 'Aston group purchase scheme'

You club together to buy the car and share the payments and you each get a set of keys.

(Whoever bags the seat with the steering wheel may prove unpopular with the group...)

Even if your that desperate to get onto the first roundabout of the road you might consider the 'Aston Group Stranger Purchase Scheme' where you share ownership with a stranger. Personally I think these group purchase schemes could cause hassle in the future when one passanger or the driver wants dropped off somewhere.

HOLA4418

:lol:

or, you can try and get a 'key driver' scheme whereby if millions of you promise to drive where the government wants, they'll help someone that you heard a friend had met once buy an Aston

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Hmm, Britton Close, Lewisham, probably a flat.

Woudn't like to park it outside your pad :P:P

Specifically, it's in Catford. I live in a flat, but there are also 18 2-bed terraces here. It's a quiet little cul-de-sac with all off-street parking, so I think a DB7 would be pretty safe. There are dozens of BMW X5s parked round here, including a 4.6is less than 100 yards away. It seems no area is safe from the effects of MEW-Mania....

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Mate of mine works for Aston Martin. They got problems in that there are no engines available to finish of the production. Not a problem, just a few weeks delay. Order book quite healthy apparently.

Situation normal, they'll probably rummage through the Ford parts bin as usual.

Why not club together with friends for a subscription to Aston Martin weekly, build your dream car piece by piece as they land on your bedsit doormat.