House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

What Not To Say To Ea

Bloke next to me at work is aware of possible HPC but going ahead with househunting anyway. He viewed a house and the EA later asked him ' What do you think it's worth then?' He didn't take the opportunity to say something sensible like its really over priced or generally make negative noises about crash etc, oh no. He said 'Well I think its worth the asking price' :o:( The EA said in response 'What, reeally?' :blink: I informed my colleague with consumate self control that he had shot himself in the foot, that nothing is worth the asking price at the moment & he'd missed the opportunity to talk the market down. With buyers as dumb as this, who needs VI's? :rolleyes:

Edited by Badger

The thing is that these buyers are surely becoming the exception to the rule.

I'm not so sure. I'm a contractor and ive worked in a couple of offices over the last 8 months or so and from what i've seen people genuinely don't think about it very much at all. Worked with a few people who were buying places and there didn't seem to be much negotiating going on. I live in the West Mids and i think you can start to see prices coming down a bit if you do some research but people seem happy to get a couple of grand off and talk about it as though they've restructured the third world debt. They're so relieved to "BE ON THE LADDER" (its a new religious chant) that they dont seem to think about it too much.

I really believe that until the Mail or the Sun has a headline "Oops" people wont believe that prices can come down. I've almost given up talking to people about house prices - no ones interested.

Bloke next to me at work is aware of possible HPC but going ahead with househunting anyway. He viewed a house and the EA later asked him ' What do you think it's worth then?' He didn't take the opportunity to say something sensible like its really over priced or generally make negative noises about crash etc, oh no. He said 'Well I think its worth the asking price' :o:( The EA said in response 'What, reeally?' :blink: I informed my colleague with consumate self control that he had shot himself in the foot & missed the opportunity to talk the market down. With buyers as dumb as this, who needs VI's? :rolleyes:

personally i would have said it was undervalued, just to see the urine from the bottom of the EA's trousers. :D:D:D

THANK YOU! :o

I thought you were going to say "the damp patch on his trousers as he spontaneously climaxed at the thought of selling a house over asking price..."

But that wouldn't appropriate for a forum of this standing...

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not so sure.

You're probably right. The other night I was watching a Real Estate program (gone from ultra bull to mild bear in recent times - full of sellers having their expectations ruined). Anyhow they showed some bidding for a property. One serious bidder and two "phone" bidders that screamed "dummy bidder" No one in my family could see it.

i hope you punched him in the head!!

Then discussed his 130% 40 year morgage with him in depth...or maybe hes gone for the one that stretches over 2 generations!!

Worse. I think he's under pressure to buy from the missus, he's forced to sit next to me as I surf HPC at work and often asks what today's titbits of gloom are (masochist), so it's death by a thousand cuts really, he's remarkably good humoured about it. He says he's sitting on the fence but 'really wants to move' he STR'd in 2003. Also, the girl who sits behind me with a BTL overhears our daily HPC chats. :lol:

Negotiate over everything.

I bought a motorbike last year. Was close to buying, but thought let me knock the price down. Salesman wouldn't budge even £100 quid. So I thought, let me make this idiots day. He went to get all the paperwork, I could see the greed in his eye as he thought 'another sucker'. At the last moment, I told him if he can't be assed knocking 100 quid off, says abot aboutt he service I'd get from them. Went and got the bike elsewhere £400 cheaper.

Hey Mr Blek

You might not be aware but most of the HPC addicts are bikers. There was a thread about it back before Christmas. (I must learn how to search the forum).

See you in Sherburn after Easter. :D:D:D

Sounds like this guy is a good honest down to earth bloke that trusts people, I think you maybe should inform him that all Estate Agents are a bunch of F*****n W*****s who should not be trusted at any time or at any place weather it be a social, work or funeral event.