House Price Crash Forum

Savings rates nudging up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fellow said:

I was waiting for NS&I Green Savings Bonds to be released. 0.65% to tie up your money for three years. What a waste of time.

I know.

The the government green bonds were flying off the shelf.

No one in their right mind should be tying up their money for 3 years right now.

5 hours ago, fellow said:

I was waiting for NS&I Green Savings Bonds to be released. 0.65% to tie up your money for three years. What a waste of time.

Interestingly, NS&I just increased the rate on Income Bonds from 0.1% -> 0.15%. 

They're short on deposits apparently. Wonder why? 

https://www.yourmoney.com/saving-banking/nsi-increases-interest-rate-on-income-bonds/

NS&I has seen enormous amounts of cash being withdrawn since the provider cut the rates on its savings accounts last year. So much so that in the first six months of the financial year, NS&I has only raised £600m of an annual target of £6bn.

2 hours ago, sammersmith said:

0.1% -> 0.15%

If you had 100 Bitcoin at £3.7m you could sell them to invest in NSI, and then you could get over £5k in interest each year!

I'm surprised they get as much as £600m in a whole year it's such a pointless waste of time and effort. The £49,925 I have withdrawn from them since the pandemic started has worked a lot harder in that time (granted they were PBs, but still)

Edited by Huggy

• 3 weeks later...

This email arrived today from Recognise Bank -

Great News! We’re passing on the full increase of Bank of England Base Rate to you.

On the 16th December 21, the Bank of England increased its Base Rate from 0.10% to 0.25% and we are pleased to pass this rate rise on to your 95 Day Notice Account Issue 1.

From today, 23rd December 21, the interest rate on your account has increased from 1.10% AER / Gross annualto 1.25% AER / Gross annual.

3 hours ago, Gemma Rose said:

This email arrived today from Recognise Bank -

Great News! We’re passing on the full increase of Bank of England Base Rate to you.

On the 16th December 21, the Bank of England increased its Base Rate from 0.10% to 0.25% and we are pleased to pass this rate rise on to your 95 Day Notice Account Issue 1.

From today, 23rd December 21, the interest rate on your account has increased from 1.10% AER / Gross annualto 1.25% AER / Gross annual.

1.25% WOW. Talk about knocking it out the park. Sorry but I'll stick to my lowly unregulated wild west Bitcoin (of which there will only ever be 21 million distributed): 

6ac90523-eddd-4250-adf7-c054404963cb.jpe

7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

1.25% WOW. Talk about knocking it out the park. Sorry but I'll stick to my lowly unregulated wild west Bitcoin (of which there will only ever be 21 million distributed): 

6ac90523-eddd-4250-adf7-c054404963cb.jpe

Typical Ponzi scheme. It requires the last buyers in to rescue the previous idiots.

• 3 weeks later...