House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Considering The Bbc Bias Over House Prices...

Okay as most people know I moved flat recently and have today just had the "Inspectors will be in your area soon" letter, however considering the BBC bias over house prices should I renew the TV Licence for this address? What would you do? And, if taken to court could it be successfully argued that they as they didnt provide a balanced view over house prices they should not be entitled to my money?

Also has anyone here actually ever been caught?

Are you are still watching the Propaganda Box??

Or are you talking about never watching TV again?

I still watch it, as its wise to know your enemy. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Guy_Montag

There was a headline on Ceefax Saturday: "Houseprices drop in 2005 P201" - it may have been "Houseprices drop in last quarter of 2005 P210" but I don't think that would fit.

Thought about posting it for you lot, but basically couldn't be arsed.

GM

If you don't renew your license, just be sure you can't get TV on your phone, your computer or any other gadget you have, or they'll be after you... Clicky!

I can't understand why anyone pays what is practically an optional tax, regardless of the house price bias. Why waste £10+ per month?

Personally I'd much rather pay a license fee and not have to sit through adverts. If I could pay twice as much and get rid of commercial breaks from ITV and C4 I'd happily do so.

SKY News: Home Prices Feel Chill House prices dipped O.1% lower during December with certain types of property falling out of favour. The fall was driven by a 1% drop in the average price of a bungalow and a 0.9% decline in the cost of semi-detached homes, according to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.

BBC News: UK house price growth picking up House price inflation across the UK picked up pace in the year to December, according to a report from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).

A prime example of BBC bias and Sky's more bearish approach. Highlights just how easy it is to put any spin you want on a news story.

cheers

stan

A prime example of BBC bias and Sky's more bearish approach. Highlights just how easy it is to put any spin you want on a news story.

cheers

stan

Can I put some spin on my story when the Inspector asks wheres my licence?

SKY News: Home Prices Feel Chill House prices dipped O.1% lower during December with certain types of property falling out of favour. The fall was driven by a 1% drop in the average price of a bungalow and a 0.9% decline in the cost of semi-detached homes, according to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.

BBC News: UK house price growth picking up House price inflation across the UK picked up pace in the year to December, according to a report from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).

cheers

stan

Exactly. Thank goodness (this time at leqast) the BBC chose to quote the year on year figures rather than the December figures where the market usually goes quiet. Ever heard of Christmas?

Anyone who didn't realise that there are seasonal variations in house prices might get misled by the SKY report...

Which statistic provides the best information?

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Considering it's coverage in other political and social areas in a similar manner - Free BBC .

Utopia next stop on the media highway.

They're as one sided as we are, and yes we do have a couple of bears on the forum. And good on 'em.

The media is there to supplicate us and sell us things we don't really want. Radio 3 though is worth it for the license, so more comedy, creativity and culture and less cu........

It's worth it really however they could be even handed.

ITV and Sky make their profits because of advertising which begs the question where are the BBC profits really valued, 'cos they don't represent my values.

Peace Man....

I wouldn't worry what the BBC say.

The crash will happen, then they'll get the punishment they deserve.

NDL

What punishment would that be then?

Did they get punished during the last crashes? If they did I missed it and the licence fee keeps going up each year...

Radio 3 though is worth it for the license, so more comedy, creativity and culture and less cu........

Radio 5 Live is good too. Has Radio 3 changed then?

I always thought it was a bit dull. But that was a while ago.

I don't watch much TV because my brain just says NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO to all the reality TV, makeover shows and soap rubbish. (I do watch MOTD and the odd premiere film though)

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

What punishment would that be then?

Did they get punished during the last crashes? If they did I missed it and the licence fee keeps going up each year...

I was referring to all the VI BTL journo's taking a massive hit on their plummeting asset.

NDL