House Price Crash Forum

Would the last person to be pinged please turn off the lights as UK plc prepares to shut down

HOLA441

Wondered why fruit drink sales rocketing bet the parents aren't happy but kids get to extend their summer holidays so easy to do apparently:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/belfast-man-creates-positive-covid-test-with-fruit-drink-40603083.html

The problem is the affect this is having on other people as the dreaded ping spreads like wildfire and is now affecting businesses as they fully open on 19 July, if cases hit 200k a day (worse case scenario) could be millions self isolating in the coming weeks.

Edited by coypondboy

HOLA442
18 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

Wondered why fruit drink sales rocketing bet the parents aren't happy but kids get to extend their summer holidays so easy to do apparently:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/belfast-man-creates-positive-covid-test-with-fruit-drink-40603083.html

The problem is the affect this is having on other people as the dreaded ping spreads like wildfire and is now affecting businesses as they fully open on 19 July, if cases hit 200k a day (worse case scenario) could be millions self isolating in the coming weeks.

You don't - and never have had to - self-isolate just if you get an app ping.

That has NEVER been law.

You only have to self-isolate if you test positive.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
19 minutes ago, Postman said:

My partner suggested I download the Test and trace app because loads of her mates were getting pinged and free days off work. I told her a day or two off work  is insufficient payment for downloading a Tory data harvesting app to my phone

Thats the spirit we need to get out of this crisis.

ww2.thumb.jpeg.08cc37d1f29a64cb70d6a907cd3ba5b7.jpeg

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Untrue.

Legally, no. If you are "pinged" by the NHS COVID-19 app via a notification on your phone, there is no legal obligation to self-isolate. This is because downloading the app is voluntary and any instruction from it is simply guidance - rather than the law.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
19 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Link?

I haven't personally pinged but a member of my team recently has. Unless I'm being completely mugged off the screen shot they sent over says 'track and trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for covid 19. It is your legal duty to stay home and isolate until... (including this date). 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Opinion on this seems to vary hugely depending whether the individual still receives their income while isolating.

As an information worker I can still work while isolating so stand at a disadvantage to manual workers who get sick pay while isolating & watching telly, pursuing their hobbies etc.

Tough for gig workers though.

HOLA4414
9 hours ago, Innkeeper said:

Legally, no. If you are "pinged" by the NHS COVID-19 app via a notification on your phone, there is no legal obligation to self-isolate. This is because downloading the app is voluntary and any instruction from it is simply guidance - rather than the law.

I think the point was that scottbeard though you didn't have to isolate if pinged, legally or otherwise.

HOLA4415
18 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Your links nicely prove why I am right.

Link 1 says if you’re phoned up by a test and trace call centre you have to self isolate or be fined.

Link 2 says  if the app pings you the ADVICE is that you self isolate

App pings have no legal requirements attached - they just hope you will be a good citizen and stay at home

HOLA4416
18 hours ago, scottbeard said:

You don't - and never have had to - self-isolate just if you get an app ping.

That has NEVER been law.

You only have to self-isolate if you test positive.

I've never installed the App and most venues happily accept an alias.

I've also never taken a lateral flow or PCR test. I was at a family gathering last Friday where it transpires one of the teenagers had Covid, can't say I've noticed any symptoms.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4417

All that surprises me about this impending mess is that people are surprised. What does it take for people to see these populist, incompetent, hypocritical charlatans for what they are?

The app appears to be working by the date we unlock...what do they now suggest??? Make it less sensitive.

Idiots!

If we are not careful the PM is actually going to pile the bodies high this summer.

HOLA4418
3 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Your links nicely prove why I am right.

Link 1 says if you’re phoned up by a test and trace call centre you have to self isolate or be fined.

Link 2 says  if the app pings you the ADVICE is that you self isolate

App pings have no legal requirements attached - they just hope you will be a good citizen and stay at home

https://www.london.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs/what-nhs-test-and-trace-and-how-does-it-work

What is NHS Test and Trace and how does it work?

NHS Test and Trace is the service that contacts everyone who tests positive for coronavirus. If you have a positive test result NHS Test and Trace will text, email or phone you to collect details about your close contacts. Your details will not be shared, but your close contacts will get a text, email, phone call or app notification to alert them to self-isolate.

If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus you will be told to self-isolate for 10 full days from the last time you saw that contact. 

The entire point of the NHS Test and Trace App is to faciliate them identifying who to contact.

Anyway, this is of no interest me to get bogged down in a silly argument on semantics. I think I'm right, based on the above, you think you're right. I could be wrong, and if I am, great. Let's move on.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, reddog said:

I think the best solution is to uninstall the NHS app, the world has gone completely crazy.  I am really interested to see what the long term financial and phycological damage Covid will bring to the UK / Europe / US.

Yep, and switch off SKY "news", of course many people never had the app in the first place.....

HOLA4423
9 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

All that surprises me about this impending mess is that people are surprised. What does it take for people to see these populist, incompetent, hypocritical charlatans for what they are?

The app appears to be working by the date we unlock...what do they now suggest??? Make it less sensitive.

Idiots!

If we are not careful the PM is actually going to pile the bodies high this summer.

Starting with Sajid David?

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2021/07/17/sajid-javid-self-isolating-after-testing-positive-for-covid/

HOLA4424
HOLA4425