Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Halifax House Price Index Jun '21 - A Fall!


Recommended Posts

Too early to tell, need at least 3 months falls to set a pattern.  3 months also takes you end of end of Furlough, beginning of Flu season, and the rush to reclaim debts (including repossession) before the Christmas hiatus.

 

Saying that it's interesting that SD Holiday gave no price momentum to keep things high; almost as if everyone knows it was just a prop to push up prices...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tapered stamp duty holiday is still with us until end of September, and now the jump from 0% to 5% when you cross £250,000 feels quite high. There's plenty of sub-£250K properties outside of London that people will rush to complete before October for, be they LLs or OO. 

Then there's the budget in November and the rather ominous mention of returning public finances to a 'sustainable path' in the Queen's Speech. What could this mean?

Edited by sammersmith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sammersmith said:

Tapered stamp duty holiday is still with us until end of September, and now the jump from 0% to 5% when you cross £250,000 feels quite high. There's plenty of sub-£250K properties outside of London that people will rush to complete before October for, be they LLs or OO. 

Then there's the budget in November and the rather ominous mention of returning public finances to a 'sustainable path' in the Queen's Speech. What could this mean?

It's not just that, the scum bag EAs/FA will have been getting people to lever up that money, so 15K stamp duty magically becomes £50K more for them to pay for a houe ( give the EA/FA more commission ).

 

These people are ****s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/07/06/soaring-covid-costs-rate-rises-put-public-finances-peril-obr/

 

Sunak warned over threat to national debt from rate rises

 

that'll be the people invested heavily in property warning the chancellor, who is heavily invested in property, that if he raises IRs people heavily invested in property will lose out.

These ****s are going to go -ve before this collapses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/07/06/soaring-covid-costs-rate-rises-put-public-finances-peril-obr/

 

Sunak warned over threat to national debt from rate rises

 

that'll be the people invested heavily in property warning the chancellor, who is heavily invested in property, that if he raises IRs people heavily invested in property will lose out.

These ****s are going to go -ve before this collapses.

I'd bet on it but then the world is turned on it's head. 

The past two years has just been insane.... and to think I thought about selling up when I split with my ex! Pure luck I decided to stay for another two years while they've been renting/living with fam and friends I think these past couple of years. 

I'll be re-mortaging soon and I'll be interested in just what's happening in the mortgage market when I trawl through it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

0.5% down I think an estate agent is breathing into a brown bag and Mumsnetters are bulk buying smelling salts 🙂

Right direction though

My wifes going to a monthly 'my house has increased more than your's' party next week , wont tell her this 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, papag said:

My wifes going to a monthly 'my house has increased more than your's' party next week , wont tell her this 😉

Does it involve putting your car keys into a bowl?....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/07/06/soaring-covid-costs-rate-rises-put-public-finances-peril-obr/

 

Sunak warned over threat to national debt from rate rises

 

that'll be the people invested heavily in property warning the chancellor, who is heavily invested in property, that if he raises IRs people heavily invested in property will lose out.

These ****s are going to go -ve before this collapses.

wrong way round - these clowns should have been warned ten years ago:

 

threat to rate rises from national debt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not surprising 850k is the new 500K around here .... asking price nuts ..... but not much you would want regardless of price.

Just silly nothing nice for sale and if there is the price is just a joke when they paid 350 in 2017/18.

Just looks, smells and feels like a ******** market of forced demand against reduced supply.

Weather is shit, staff shortages and ad hoc covid isolation still ongoing....... Even those businesses that can do well like mine cannot take full advantage of increased business in the main.

I can only speak for Norfolk many places ticking over but not packed and a lot of places on reduced days and hours due to staffing/isolation.

Getting any form of work done is a pain in the **** amplified because people these days cannot say no they just dont turn up/ghost.  Across the board all my service providers have got worse and all of them regardless cite staff shortages even when they did not employe any EE folk.

The PM sounded to me like they know people are going to die the vaccine is working but is about to get reduced over time by new variants.  The country is now in the hole and we have to plough ahead regardless.

Getting the feeling in my bones the shit is about to hit the fan....Without debt failure and bills/compulsion capitalism does not work.
 

 

Edited by Fromage Frais
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

Not surprising 850k is the new 500K around here .... asking price nuts ..... but not much you would want regardless of price.

Just silly nothing nice for sale and if there is the price is just a joke when they paid 350 in 2017/18.

Just looks, smells and feels like a ******** market of forced demand against reduced supply.

Weather is shit, staff shortages and ad hoc covid isolation still ongoing....... Even those businesses that can do well like mine cannot take full advantage of increased business in the main.

I can only speak for Norfolk many places ticking over but not packed and a lot of places on reduced days and hours due to staffing/isolation.

Getting any form of work done is a pain in the **** amplified because people these days cannot say no they just dont turn up/ghost.  Across the board all my service providers have got worse and all of them regardless cite staff shortages even when they did not employe any EE folk.

The PM sounded to me like they know people are going to die the vaccine is working but is about to get reduced over time by new variants.  The country is now in the hole and we have to plough ahead regardless.

Getting the feeling in my bones the shit is about to hit the fan....Without debt failure and bills/compulsion capitalism does not work.
 

 

Good analysis - and the Gov is speeding on the new variants with its opening up, as well it knows!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.