House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yankee

Maybe Those Desperate Ex-pats Who Can't Sell Their Homes

You aren't going to believe this story:

"After their $540,000 house in Prior Lake had been on the market for three slow months, Holly and Sean Ploeger were willing to do anything to sell it.

So in December, they pulled up soil at the base of their For Sale sign and buried a little statue of St. Joseph in a plastic bag upside down and looking away from the house (the direction they want to go).

"At this point, nothing can hurt," Holly Ploeger said. "It gives us something to hope for because nothing else was working."

St. Joseph has become an icon to nervous homesellers who believe -- or want to believe -- that burying his statue on the property will bring the saint's intercession, and a sale.

Today, Super Bowl Sunday, is often considered a kickoff to the spring real estate market. Agents say activity so far suggests the market could be as busy as last year's near-record pace.

But sales of the statues suggest that sellers aren't quite so optimistic....."

Here's the link:

http://www.startribune.com/417/story/226664.html

:D

For £500 i'll become a man of the clergy and throw some holy water around the house :D

Better than statutes. Hell, I'll even christen them at the same time!

Talk about desperate

Edited by Mr Blek

Guest Bart of Darkness

Get Kenny Craig in next time they've go a viewing.

"Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under. This is NOT, repeat NOT an overpriced Barratt shoebox on an identikit estate. Mr and Mrs ##### are NOT greedy weasels fecking this country over for what they can get and then doing a runner.

One, two, three.... you're back in the room."

"After their $540,000 house in Prior Lake had been on the market for three slow months, Holly and Sean Ploeger were willing to do anything to sell it.

So in December, they pulled up soil at the base of their For Sale sign and buried a little statue of St. Joseph in a plastic bag upside down and looking away from the house (the direction they want to go).

"At this point, nothing can hurt," Holly Ploeger said. "It gives us something to hope for because nothing else was working."

St. Joseph has become an icon to nervous homesellers who believe -- or want to believe -- that burying his statue on the property will bring the saint's intercession, and a sale.

Today, Super Bowl Sunday, is often considered a kickoff to the spring real estate market. Agents say activity so far suggests the market could be as busy as last year's near-record pace.

But sales of the statues suggest that sellers aren't quite so optimistic....."

Here's the link:

http://www.startribune.com/417/story/226664.html

:D

My friend was given a statue of St Joseph by her relatior. Her house had been on the market for 6 months, and it was shown all of... I don't know... 3 times? They just relisted it. They tried to sell a year ago with no luck. It's a modest home in detroit... I doubt the news about the auto makers has made things any easer.

Get Kenny Craig in next time they've go a viewing.

"Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under. This is NOT, repeat NOT an overpriced Barratt shoebox on an identikit estate. Mr and Mrs ##### are NOT greedy weasels fecking this country over for what they can get and then doing a runner.

One, two, three.... you're back in the room."

For some reason I am off to buy a house tomorrow. Not sure why but it feels right. :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Try dropping the price ;)