House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Bird Flu Outbreak In Italy Now

http://freeserve.advfn.com/news_Bird-flu-v...a_14162331.html

Bird flu virus reported in Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Slovenia
ROME - European officials were scrambling to contain outbreaks of bird flu
after cases of the deadly H5N1 strain of the viral disease were for the first
time confirmed in EU members Greece and Italy as well as in Bulgaria.

:o

I don't think this will have any affect on the economy at all, or negligable at best. If it mutates and can be transmited from human to human while holding the same level of virulence, expect things to take a dive. However, If that happens I think HPC is going to be the least of your worries.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE - ARRGGHH, ARRGGHH !!!!

Well, a certain percentage of us will if it becomes human transmittable

I've heard that it costs around £0.5 million per death in term of lost productivity ie the persons productivity/taxes, relatives/friends taking time off work/taxes...

I don't think this will have any affect on the economy at all, or negligable at best. If it mutates and can be transmited from human to human while holding the same level of virulence, expect things to take a dive. However, If that happens I think HPC is going to be the least of your worries.

Can we not link a disease that may wipe out a good few people and certainly will kill a lot of birds as perhasp a good thing in helping us all buy homes..

Oh look this is cheap as a third of europe has been wiped out was not a common phrase after the great plague

Can we not link a disease that may wipe out a good few people and certainly will kill a lot of birds as perhasp a good thing in helping us all buy homes..

Oh look this is cheap as a third of europe has been wiped out was not a common phrase after the great plague

Ive said it for some time now ... we are well over due a pandemic, so far bird flu has thoroughly dissapointed me.

It's a sad state of affairs when some British people wish for other British people to die soon so that they can buy their stuff cheaply.

Oh its not that i want to buy thier stuff cheaply, just dont like alot of um and i wouldn't say i actually *wish*

for it as it really only enters my mind 2 or 3 times a day.

I had flu 2 years ago and it floored me for 2 weeks - this thing can kill - and I can believe it

I don't think the magnitude of what this is will hit home until you catch it or somebody you know dies

Weird times were living in...

Have you tried to get a seat in any of the pubs recently, West Yorkshire is rammed full of people, you can't drive around without a mental breakdown, get about the city centre without people barging into you, eat anywhere and expect to get a seat. Etc etc, doesn't anyone stay at home anymore? TV needs to get better as this might cure the problem for a lot of people.

I went to a picturesque model villiage called Saltaire today to see if they had any antiques. It had come highly recommended by several of my work friends as a place that sells antiques. A huge old mill factory wasting so much space with leftie rubbish and ponce. One antique dealer who was selling Avon crockery, the tin stuff that you see in every b&b, toast racks and tea pots, the type they have in cafes all around England, for £200 the whole set. Toast racks were selling for £18. The fish restaurant stunk of fish (always a bad sign - shows its gone off fish) and it was full of idiots looking at pictures for sale which were made of crepe paper with beads stuck on it, cooing at the 'lifestyle'. Only reason I like antique funiture is because you can buy it for the same price as new stuff and it lasts a lot longer.

I'm with the Chuz, I seriously don't like people any more.

Have you tried to get a seat in any of the pubs recently, West Yorkshire is rammed full of people, you can't drive around without a mental breakdown, get about the city centre without people barging into you, eat anywhere and expect to get a seat. Etc etc, doesn't anyone stay at home anymore? TV needs to get better as this might cure the problem for a lot of people.

I went to a picturesque model villiage called Saltaire today to see if they had any antiques. It had come highly recommended by several of my work friends as a place that sells antiques. A huge old mill factory wasting so much space with leftie rubbish and ponce. One antique dealer who was selling Avon crockery, the tin stuff that you see in every b&b, toast racks and tea pots, the type they have in cafes all around England, for £200 the whole set. Toast racks were selling for £18. The fish restaurant stunk of fish (always a bad sign - shows its gone off fish) and it was full of idiots looking at pictures for sale which were made of crepe paper with beads stuck on it, cooing at the 'lifestyle'. Only reason I like antique funiture is because you can buy it for the same price as new stuff and it lasts a lot longer.

I'm with the Chuz, I seriously don't like people any more.

Pathetic isn't it.. so.. welcome to my world :)

To quote Mr Manson "im not a slave to a world that doesn't give a sh*t"

It's a sad state of affairs when some British people wish for other British people to die soon so that they can buy their stuff cheaply.

Well said Piltdownman.

Is it Ok to hope for a cheap italian holiday home though?

It's a sad state of affairs when some British people wish for other British people to die soon so that they can buy their stuff cheaply. That goes for everyone, British or otherwise... but lets face it, we've been doing it for hundreds of years, and that's everyone, its just that european societies were better at it in the past 300 years. Parasitism is a common human state which I suspect defines the species, so why get iccky about it now?

In the past plagues have been great agents of social change. Peasants who were previously used as slave labour by landowners, without even the right to travel to work elsewhere would find the new scarcity of labour pushed up their wages and gave them the choice to move to the highest bidder and the power to demand better rights.

HN51 is now endemic within the worlds population of wild birds so it’s not a question of if but a question of when it will reach the UK.

Even if we could kill all the wild birds it’s not an option as this would damage the eco systems so our food production would fall from the sky.

At best we can add a new killer to the list along with TB but I suspect it will turn out to have jump the spices barrier since animals often develop new strains of diseases and this never gets the WHO to issue warning about not panicking.

Strange GW-Bush has shares in the company that developed tamiflu is it not.

Will this effect the Italian economy?

Maybe, but it will have to wait its turn.

Stupidity, ignorance, backwardness, Corruption, bad management, unskilled workforce, high social welfare costs and being a basket-case economy will all effect it first.

And no, I dont like Italy or Italians. Its irrational and un-PC, I know, but I just cant stand the f***ers.

The sooner they are out of the Euro the better, IMO.

Watch the elections in April (I think!).

Prodi is gonna win and pull them out of the Euro.

Then watch Italy fold.

Germany just report it too has a few cases of bird flu so i would give a month at most before it's in the UK

This is not going to go away and the more people that catch it then the bigger chance it has of developing so that it will go human to human.

no need to panic but it's time to stock up on food just in cased

Looks like it is coming closer and closer all the time. Now it seems to have arrived in france. If it reaches here, the already disrupted farming will get shattered.