House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eager FTB

Tv License For Mobile Phones!

The license fee should be abolished.

Last week whilst at work had the TV license people knock on my door. Wife answered and they asked if we have a TV (we don't). Wife thought my new 24" LCD monitor was a TV as well and said yes. I can see this being a hassle to sort out

If shes signed one of their forms saying you have a TV then you have a very real problem. If so, they should immediatly have cautioned her("you have the right to blah blah") as they are conducting an official interview. With a signed form they have an admission of guilt and will fine you, even if you don't actually have a TV.

Your wife should have shut their door in their face, tell them nothing, not even your name.

You may get some advice from the following site

http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

If shes signed one of their forms saying you have a TV then you have a very real problem. If so, they should immediatly have cautioned her("you have the right to blah blah") as they are conducting an official interview. With a signed form they have an admission of guilt and will fine you, even if you don't actually have a TV.

Your wife should have shut their door in their face, tell them nothing, not even your name.

You may get some advice from the following site

http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

But does it matter that

a. My wife is not registered at this address and

b. I'll be moving out of this flat by the time they get their fingers out of their ass

Not sure tbh. One of the questions the EO should have asked your wife was "are you the registered occupier?", if she answered yes to that then that addresses your first question. The fact shes your wife and not your girlfriend may also have some bearing(that husband and wife usually live together).

As regard to moving out, it would be good if you could slip away before they take action :) Though I think once they have a signed confession they move pretty fast, remember the EO is on commission and if you are successfully prosecuted he will earn more money. If he has your names then it will make it harder to do a bunk as well, not sure on the specifics here. With a signed confession, the EO will go straight to the magistrates, they will set a hearing and send you a letter which you can use to plead guilty so you don't have to turn up or not guilty in which case they set a date for trial. The point here is that if you do a bunk, you are doing a bunk from the magistrates and the court, not the TVL, I'm sure I don't have to tell you doing a runner from the courts will be taken much more seriously than doing a runner from the TVL.

Carrying a mobile phone should be compulsory as it helps big brother track your every movement now phone companies have to keep personal records for a few years.

Cell phones work by knowing what cell you are in and each cell only covers a small area and this data is saved for big brother to look at when ever it likes.

The technology gets even better, tracking certain worlds like Bomb or hijack is old hack, Bin-Laden can be traced on any phone as they now have software that listens out for certain voice patterns so hope non of you sound like him else some fat GCHQ boffin will be listening to you telling the misses how you miss her.

Still what can I do about it on my own, well guess where we are all going if we continue to think like that.