House Price Crash Forum

Am I Imaging This(part 2)

pobby

HOLA441

Trying to get my head around more madness !I was staying away with a friend at an hotel last week and I asked how his 21 year old daughter was.About to give birth in a few months,she and her boyfriend,who I understand,is a low paid worker at a supermarket have just moved into a shared equity home.The cost being £125,000 on mortgage and a further £125,000 being serviced by rent.So how much in total would these youngsters be paying out a month I wonder.

By the way ,my friends daughter works for an estate agent!

HOLA442

With respect -

Do you honestly believe that Estate Agents will indoctrinate their staff with a full understanding of the economics, finance, history of housing market etc... Or do you think they'll just issue them with a short course on some pre-prepared "soundbites"?

A friend of mine worked at an estate agent for 6 months. He's done a number of jobs.

I was talking on the subject of the "right time to buy". He immediately responded with "there's never a right time to buy". Clearly incorrect.

If anything young people working at estate agents are more likely IMO to believe the mantra than those working outside.

HOLA443

Trying to get my head around more madness !I was staying away with a friend at an hotel last week and I asked how his 21 year old daughter was.About to give birth in a few months,she and her boyfriend,who I understand,is a low paid worker at a supermarket have just moved into a shared equity home.The cost being £125,000 on mortgage and a further £125,000 being serviced by rent.So how much in total would these youngsters be paying out a month I wonder.

By the way ,my friends daughter works for an estate agent!

yewr pobbally jewst imaging itt :P

HOLA444

With respect -

Do you honestly believe that Estate Agents will indoctrinate their staff with a full understanding of the economics, finance, history of housing market etc... Or do you think they'll just issue them with a short course on some pre-prepared "soundbites"?

A friend of mine worked at an estate agent for 6 months. He's done a number of jobs.

I was talking on the subject of the "right time to buy". He immediately responded with "there's never a right time to buy". Clearly incorrect.

If anything young people working at estate agents are more likely IMO to believe the mantra than those working outside.

Thats nothing to do with it. The question I think is how could they possibly afford this

HOLA445

My parents generation grew up with the saying "Live within your means". That to me is the definition of affordability. Furthermore, the only credit they would take out was a mortgage, nothing else.

FFWD to the present noone is really living according to their means. Its more of a juggling act with finances. The miracle economy is an illusion, sold to those desperate enough to believe.