House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lucan

Interest Rates Ignored By 40% Of Brits

if your acting up in one of our new binge drinking town centres or simply stealing a neighbours recycling bin. your probably a 20 something. inflation pressure is not something you would concern yourself with when paying for your sliced pressent lamb and chilli. light on the mayo with extra E and a side of charlie.

any copper worth his salt is going to wrestle you into a police van and take you to the centre jail.

you will be sh1tting bricks as they let you out in the morning with a casual warning not be so insane in future. what you wont feel however, is the shrinking of the pound in your pocket.

next time your out in town. check out the vladimir vodka posters. i think we can all learn something from those lucid tones.

Fred, you remind me I must investigate shares in pub chains...

Edit: I'd love to steal my neighbour's recycling bin, but sadly I turned 30 last year.

Edited by megaflop

all part of the me, me, me society. People will only care when and if they loose THEIR jobs, THEIR IR's rocket or the banks stop pumping out 0% cards to THEM.............

and that is why this site has so few members. General public do not give a feck about a few job loses or how to invest in stock market, and have probably never heard of STR? And that is my argument, at moment any negative press can be balanced in peoples minds.

Main one the press are picking up on is HIGH STREET CRASHING - "yes but i buy online now" that is how some people are thinking. ask around in the pub/office/work tomorrow? i was shocked by what people told me................

all part of the me, me, me society. People will only care when and if they loose THEIR jobs, THEIR IR's rocket or the banks stop pumping out 0% cards to THEM.............

when they realise , it will be TOO LATE for them. That will make it even bigger crash. didnt see that coming, have you ?

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Nearly four out of five people do not know that APR refers to the interest and other costs of a loan, four in ten admit they do not understand mortgages or ISAs, and a third lack confidence in their financial affairs. These are some of the results of a survey conducted recently by Mori. One in five did not understand the concept of inflation. Nearly a third did not know that insurance products are designed to protect their owners from unforeseen events. Only 30 per cent could calculate four per cent interest on £2,000 over two years.

Well I never. :rolleyes:

and that is why this site has so few members. General public do not give a feck about a few job loses or how to invest in stock market, and have probably never heard of STR? And that is my argument, at moment any negative press can be balanced in peoples minds.

Main one the press are picking up on is HIGH STREET CRASHING - "yes but i buy online now" that is how some people are thinking. ask around in the pub/office/work tomorrow? i was shocked by what people told me................

I'd see this more as a sort of fatalism. Deep down people know we're completely and utterly fecked - why bother planning for a future when it's pretty obvious we don't have one?

Lose your job? Welcome to the new normality...go down the job agencies, get a sh1t temp job, and watch your lifestyle disintegrate around you.

Borrow mega multiples of your salary to buy a one-bedder that would have disgraced one of the rougher suburbs in Kiev? Well, what else are you going to do...get on the council waiting list? Rent a poky sh1thole from TTRTR and share your bathroom/kitchen with a squad of aggressive Poles?

Rack up your credit card? Why not? Live for today...of course, 'cos there ain't no tomorrow. We're all going to suffocate in the choking clouds of methane given off by landfill sites full of all the cr&p generated by the current generation of politicians obsession with economic growth at whatever cost. After all all those cheap DVDs are what make you wealthy.

One day some of the idiots in charge will wake up and realise that all these things you're complaining about are the results of a me me me society - a society that knows that individually we're all being fecked over, one by one, and is reacting entirely rationally. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Nearly four out of five people do not know that APR refers to the interest and other costs of a loan, four in ten admit they do not understand mortgages or ISAs, and a third lack confidence in their financial affairs. These are some of the results of a survey conducted recently by Mori. One in five did not understand the concept of inflation. Nearly a third did not know that insurance products are designed to protect their owners from unforeseen events. Only 30 per cent could calculate four per cent interest on £2,000 over two years.

Well I never. :rolleyes:

Doesn't suprise me. And these are the ones with milion pound property portfolios ...