House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deano_54321

Write A Review On The Alexa Site!

He-he! :D

Nice one!

Seriously, it looks like there are a lot of people who are worried about other people finding out about HPC! The fear is setting in.

Yea. They are resorting to imitating posters on HPC. I told one VI the good work this site has done for my friends and I and they went straight to Amazon and posted a 1 star comment under my name! I posted a 5 star under my signature "CAS" identity...

Also click on the "yes" button on all the 5 star reviews for the "was this helpful".

CAS

p.s. I started a similar thread to this in the "About House Price Crash In the Media" section.

Edited by coolaftershave

Yea. They are resorting to imitating posters on HPC. I told one VI the good work this site has done for my friends and I and they went straight to Amazon and posted a 1 star comment under my name! I posted a 5 star under my signature "CAS" identity...

CAS

Read the below. Its one of the 1 Start ratings. Its basically offensive. (It wouldnt be so bad if the guy could spell).

This is what we're up against .....

"What a bunch of no-hopers. People who can't afford to buy somewhere, some of them are in their 30s and 40s. They couldn't see that property would go up so they rented. And they will still be renting in 20 years time.

No one seems to grasp the fact that when you buy a house with a mortgage you own it at the end of the mortgage. Anyone who rents for 25 years will still be renting.

Nice group of people who sold their houses in 2003 hoping to buy them back later - haven't they done well.

Ignore any asvice from anyone other than TTRTR (Time to Raise the Rents) He is the only person still allowed to post who actually knows something about property. Actuions speak louder thsn words - he bought and is doing well.

By all means join the very sad losers but you have been warned. Better to spend some time house hunting rather than whingeing."

Edited by deano_54321

Ignore any asvice from anyone other than TTRTR (Time to Raise the Rents) He is the only person still allowed to post who actually knows something about property. Actuions speak louder thsn words - he bought and is doing well.

I think he meant AUCTIONS speak louder than words. :P:P:P

Done, 5 well earned stars given and big, sincere thanks to the people who setup this site for giving us such a great place to hang out and learn . I've learned so much from here and its scary to think how little I really knew!

Done, 5 well earned stars given and big, sincere thanks to the people who setup this site for giving us such a great place to hang out and learn . I've learned so much from here and its scary to think how little I really knew!

Hi There,

That echoes my feelings. To think I was going to go in head-first about 18 months ago!

I was so ignorant of House Prices. I just hope more people get to know about this site before diving in. There are so many naive FTB's out there (as I was). I just tripped across this site, but I'm SO glad I did!

Five Stars from me as well. Charley the Tramp (aren't you a mod?) seems to appear twice, one positive, one negative and Dr Bubb dissing the site as well :(

The funniest post was a negative but it did make me laugh.

"Reviewer: Zorba (Greece but now Earls Court) - See all my reviews

I come to England to make new life for family. I am poor and work 18 hours a day and we live in tiny flat but we save up money and we buy flat. We open kebab shop. We move into house. We open many kebab shops. We buy bigger house. We open restaurant. We buy property and rent out property. We rent property to immigrants. We get rich. We very happy.

We find HPC site. we worry. We sell all property. We sell house. We now live in tiny flat with no money as we invested in bad mining shares which lost money.

We not pleased with HPC as they misled us." :lol::lol:

This troll is better than most:

Its all Greek to me, February 10, 2006

Reviewer: Zorba (Greece but now Earls Court) - See all my reviews

I come to England to make new life for family. I am poor and work 18 hours a day and we live in tiny flat but we save up money and we buy flat. We open kebab shop. We move into house. We open many kebab shops. We buy bigger house. We open restaurant. We buy property and rent out property. We rent property to immigrants. We get rich. We very happy.

We find HPC site. we worry. We sell all property. We sell house. We now live in tiny flat with no money as we invested in bad mining shares which lost money.

We not pleased with HPC as they misled us.

EDIT : 2112 best me to it!

Edited by a j

Read the below. Its one of the 1 Start ratings. Its basically offensive. (It wouldnt be so bad if the guy could spell).

This is what we're up against .....

"What a bunch of no-hopers. People who can't afford to buy somewhere, some of them are in their 30s and 40s. They couldn't see that property would go up so they rented. And they will still be renting in 20 years time.

No one seems to grasp the fact that when you buy a house with a mortgage you own it at the end of the mortgage. Anyone who rents for 25 years will still be renting.

Nice group of people who sold their houses in 2003 hoping to buy them back later - haven't they done well.

By all means join the very sad losers but you have been warned. Better to spend some time house hunting rather than whingeing."

So you did not recognise the work of London Landlady calling herself Norton Rose. The text is identical in many ways to some of her replies on SP and the same bad spelling. ;)

Guest muttley

Everytime I see a one star rating I can't help thinking "That's someone else's cage we've rattled".

And those of us who are good with words (someone, surely) can expand the definition for the greater good of the online community.

Now there's a thought (but not one for this time on a Sat night)

And those of us who are good with words (someone, surely) can expand the definition for the greater good of the online community.

I was thinking that the founders/mods of this site could do it.

I gave it a 5* as well. Noticed this was going on a couple of days ago, should have mentioned it..........Sounds like there's a few worried people out there. either 5 or 1 star reviews, i guess there's no shades of grey about this site. An it certainly seems to be making a few people sweat!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Most of those 1 star reviews were written on the same day.... very suspicious. They are all written in a similar style too...

One of our trolls, perhaps? Own up, come one

5 one star reviews all on the 27th December 2005. Hmmmm.....

As Mr Goldfinger said "Once is happenschance, twice is coincidence, the third time is enemy action."

Ladies and Gentlemen, what can I say. I'm both proud and impressed by your efforts on behalf of the site we all share. Five star effort all round.

Just got back from the pub and edited the definition of HPC.co.uk on Wikipedia.

Hope everyone things it looks okay?

frugalista