House Price Crash Forum

22% of people find partner at work

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point!! We do have a few workplace couples but not many. Certainly not 22%!

Met my wife via internet dating.

Will admit to having sex with an office colleague after a drunken social once though - when we were both single I might add!

30 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Interesting point!! We do have a few workplace couples but not many. Certainly not 22%!

Will admit to having sex with an office colleague after a drunken social once though - when we were both single I might add!

I did get the Percentage on the internet and it from a US site but other numbers were similar between 18-25%

I met loads of women who wanted to be a couple, but when you see them treating colleagues etc like shit it really helps you dodge the bullet. Dating doesn't give you that opportunity. 

Ended up meeting my wife through a hobby instead at the local dogging club....

Just kidding...it was in sport, and I was her teacher. 

The missus is British Asian, and they generally have a far better approach to finding a partner if they aren't signing up to a mindless family managed arrangement. 

It was hard work and felt like a long series of interviews. I was used to 1. get drunk, 2. bed together then 3. see if you get on...a sure recipe for long term success 

Edited by wsn03

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

I did get the Percentage on the internet and it from a US site but other numbers were similar between 18-25%

My point was kind of the answer will be very different if you are asking:

"How many people have - at one time or another in their life - had a bf/gf that was a work colleague?"  
That could well be 18-25% and would include me.

Versus

"How many people's ultimate long-term partner was a work colleague?"  
That I'd put at well under 5%.

My point being - if we all WFH I don't think it will materially affect who marries who, but it means the casual sex pickups might have to be from some other event and not a drunken work Xmas party.

2 hours ago, rantnrave said:

I thought we weren't allowed to even look at the opposite sex at work nowadays?

You cant, basically, if you work for a US org.

The rules n regulations on work place relationships are soo onerous and non compliance involves getting a very swift boot.

I think people meet around work. I'm sure as more people with, people will meet up in shared workspaces of coffee shops at dinnertime, get out of the house.

The number of times in my life that a person has got promoted at work (for no obvious reason) and they then turn out to have been in a relationship with the chair of the committee etc..... Works with both hetero and homo couples equally well...

Edited by debtlessmanc

34 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

The number of times in my life that a person has got promoted at work (for no obvious reason) and they then turn out to have been in a relationship with the chair of the committee etc..... Works with both hetero and homo couples equally well...

Boris Johnson's record of this as London mayor is apparently astonishing. 

Never dated a colleague from work. Met my wife in Paris when we were in our 20's, it was only much later in the relationship that I discovered she owned her own place, which was a nice little aside. Eventually I moved there, and we enjoyed a rent free life in the capital before later starting a family and moving again.

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Last time I was in the office, the orientation on the photocopier had apparently gone awry. I think it identifies as a guillotine now.

Careful now, or you'll be for the chop. 

8 hours ago, scottbeard said:

How long have you been married? Sounds innovative.

On 18/06/2021 at 15:53, FANG said:

How many of you have banged the office bike or been very tempted?

I banged the office bike. Then got my first management position with her 45 year old boyfriend being one of my team. I was 25 at the time he wasn’t over the moon.