House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mad'un

Help Needed Urgently!

OK it's here - crunch time. I have always smiled when I read the posts from "persecuted" partners asking for hard evidence to present to their other halfs. But now I am in great need of some press releases, graphs, anecdotes etc to show my wife that even though ASKING prices in Lancashire have gone up (last night's property post was a joke) actual sale prices and volumes are way down.

Please can you point me in the right directions quickly??!!

Thanks guys :)

There's the graph on the homepage and doing a search on 'ancedote' and 'ancedotal' gives a lot of results. Aslo check the "What are house prices doing in your area" forum.

mad'un,

If your wife wants to buy a house there's only so much you can do. You can argue with her, show her the data, show her what happened in the last crash, etc, but ultimately it's her decision - she can do what she likes with her money. Just make sure that you yourself don't get involved with your own resources, that you don't make any financial guarantees or commitments.

Perhaps you can compare what you get for your money renting with what you get with a mortgage payment, assuming that comparison suits your case.