House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
murpaul

Rents Are Not Rising

In Halifax the avrrage weekly rental used to be £70 back in '98. Due to competition, it now stands at £50

Doesn't point to a housing shortage to me

In Halifax the avrrage weekly rental used to be £70 back in '98. Due to competition, it now stands at £50

Doesn't point to a housing shortage to me

But hang on, we are building over all of Kent and Bucks. There must be a housing shortage. The govt tells us, so it must be true.

But hang on, we are building over all of Kent and Bucks. There must be a housing shortage. The govt tells us, so it must be true.

I want them to build more. Its will only help bring the HPC quicker.

The only real housing shortage is for single people and couples on low incomes. Whilst no one is actualy homeless I regard having to share a bathroom and sometimes a kitchen with complete strangers in a shared house or bedsit is something no one should have to do in a country like ours. I think it is a basic right of everyone to have their own bathroom facilities, and there must be millions out there who do not. Funny how there are plenty of rooms in shared houses to rent but I've never seen anyone BUYING a room in a shared house.

This also explains why the direct relationship between numbers buying and numbers renting espoused by TTRTR and others is untrue.

Edited by FollowTheBear

Exactly, we have in the passed had difficulty believing politicians but this government has earned total respect with its whiter than white approach.

Lets trust them on this one has TB ever told lies.

My Landlord has usually made a moderate increase every two years. This year would usually have been the increase and I was expecting it and was planning to l@@k else where to see if I could get a better deal. Well he told me the rent would stay the same no increase. This tells alot as he is a professional landlord and not any of the recent BTL brigade.

The West Midlands is slumping, the place we are renting was on the market for 875 p.m. and we negotiated 750 p.m. As jobs are lost and sentiment turns more bearish landlords are going to have to accept that its truly time to lower the rents. :)