Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

HPI - Hut Price Inflation


Recommended Posts

When Vicky Gunn bought a little ramshackle beach hut at Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex four years ago for £10,500, she had no idea what an incredible investment it would turn out to be.

Last week, she sold the seafront hut with its new stylish interior for £48,000. “It’s really bizarre. £10,000 is a lot of money but £48,000 is life-changing for a lot of people,” she said.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/jun/06/why-the-humble-beach-hut-is-the-new-des-res

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Daily Mail and our local paper love reporting on these beach huts as being most expensive in uk.  I often cycle past them on my daily bike ride and then do the same at sandbanks.  

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19115234.beach-hut-sale-325-000-mudeford-sandbank/

Locals bought them for a few thousand back in early 80's and rent out for £2,000 a week during july/august a nice little earner but big cgt liability if they sell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, coypondboy said:

The Daily Mail and our local paper love reporting on these beach huts as being most expensive in uk.  I often cycle past them on my daily bike ride and then do the same at sandbanks.  

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19115234.beach-hut-sale-325-000-mudeford-sandbank/

Locals bought them for a few thousand back in early 80's and rent out for £2,000 a week during july/august a nice little earner but big cgt liability if they sell.

That is impressive though:

"Surprisingly spacious the beach hut can sleep up to seven people and has a lounging area and kitchen.

The seating converts into a double and single bed space, this in turn leads onto the decked terrace

Unlike many (considerably cheaper) beach huts this one also has 12 volt power for its fridge and lighting. "e.ng. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, coypondboy said:

The Daily Mail and our local paper love reporting on these beach huts as being most expensive in uk.  I often cycle past them on my daily bike ride and then do the same at sandbanks.  

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19115234.beach-hut-sale-325-000-mudeford-sandbank/

Locals bought them for a few thousand back in early 80's and rent out for £2,000 a week during july/august a nice little earner but big cgt liability if they sell.

 

12 hours ago, Si1 said:

That is impressive though:

"Surprisingly spacious the beach hut can sleep up to seven people and has a lounging area and kitchen.

The seating converts into a double and single bed space, this in turn leads onto the decked terrace

Unlike many (considerably cheaper) beach huts this one also has 12 volt power for its fridge and lighting. "e.ng. 

Mudeford is sort of nice. But not hat nice.

My brother was based in Hamworthy for ~10 years. I used to train it from London to Christhcurch for beers ups and a walk.

However ..

I didnt think you could sleep in the huts.

There are 348 huts on Mudeford Sandbank. These are overnight huts and can be slept in between 1 March and 31 October inclusive. All the huts are privately owned and are located on sites licensed to Beach Hut owners for which an annual licence fee is payable.

My mistake - you can. However theyare pretty small

12352764.jpg?type=article-full

Thats good indication of how big they are.

I just dont understand what the EAs is trying to get at -

On the market with Denisons estate agents, they commented: "Our clients are sympathetic of the fact that the fire was started by vandals and this beach hut was not affected by the fire in any way."

Its nuts. Wood huts are inflammable???

Id also point out that the BCP area is full of arsonist scrotes who are forever setting fire to heathland and huts

To the price, youd need to factor in -

As well as the eye-watering purchase price, the owners have to pay annual rates to Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council of about £4,500 a year.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 7:35 AM, spyguy said:

 

Mudeford is sort of nice. But not hat nice.

My brother was based in Hamworthy for ~10 years. I used to train it from London to Christhcurch for beers ups and a walk.

However ..

I didnt think you could sleep in the huts.

There are 348 huts on Mudeford Sandbank. These are overnight huts and can be slept in between 1 March and 31 October inclusive. All the huts are privately owned and are located on sites licensed to Beach Hut owners for which an annual licence fee is payable.

My mistake - you can. However theyare pretty small

12352764.jpg?type=article-full

Thats good indication of how big they are.

I just dont understand what the EAs is trying to get at -

On the market with Denisons estate agents, they commented: "Our clients are sympathetic of the fact that the fire was started by vandals and this beach hut was not affected by the fire in any way."

Its nuts. Wood huts are inflammable???

Id also point out that the BCP area is full of arsonist scrotes who are forever setting fire to heathland and huts

To the price, youd need to factor in -

As well as the eye-watering purchase price, the owners have to pay annual rates to Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council of about £4,500 a year.

 

BCP has over 2500 beach huts that it owns they could sell them and would bring in millions with the current demand and would still rake in annual rates of between 1500 to 4500 depending on size and location.  At the moment they are selling off the car parks and any bit of spare land to build blocks of flats (more council tax lovely juvely).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, coypondboy said:

BCP has over 2500 beach huts that it owns they could sell them and would bring in millions with the current demand and would still rake in annual rates of between 1500 to 4500 depending on size and location.  At the moment they are selling off the car parks and any bit of spare land to build blocks of flats (more council tax lovely juvely).

AFAICT the car parks being old are  private land.

These are brown field sites that have been mothballed and used as car parks, for a bit of cash flow, while they get funding.

BCP has stupidly gone for build high and cheaply.

The last 10 years has seen loads of steel n plastic tower blocks thrown up quickly.

Most without car parking.

I think this will end badly, like most council bright ideas.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.