House Price Crash Forum
Guest Bart of Darkness

Buying Gold From Germany

Guest Bart of Darkness

These guys:

http://www.muenzhandlung-pickel.de/

Crop up in the gold coins thread (pinned) and their prices seem keen.

I'm wondering if, by buying coins from Germany, I would avoid the limit of buying £3000 worth from a single dealer in a year without being flagged up by the UK government or indeeed creating any record of gold purchase in this country at all.

Am I being hopelessly optomistic here? :(

The limit is £5K per year not £3K and you don't need ID here, especially if you use more than one dealer.

Bairds are very accommodating and so are ATS :)

Guest Bart of Darkness

You're quite right about the 5k limit (can't think where the 3k figure came from).

I've bought 50k from Bullion Vault held in Zurich. Does this mean the UK government know I have it? :unsure:

Yes if you are resident in the UK. What else do you think they asked a certified copy your passport for?

BullionVault is based in Britain so it has to comply with British regulations.

BullionVault may report your activity to duly authorised government agencies with a formal right to monitor gold trading activity.

Compare this with goldmoney, which is instead based in Jersey

GoldMoney respects your right to financial privacy. The information requested above will be kept confidential and not shared with outside parties for any purpose, except when specifically required to do so by a lawfully executed order from a court in Jersey, British Channel Islands. This information will not be provided to outside parties for marketing or any other purpose. See our Privacy Policy for details.

GoldMoney respects your privacy. All information collected by GoldMoney will be kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed without your express consent except when GoldMoney is required to provide information pertaining to you in order to ensure compliance with any form of legal process or when GoldMoney is required, in order to fulfil its obligations in terms of the User Agreement, to disclose information pertaining to you to its agents or third-party business affiliates.

All customer records are kept safe and secure in GoldMoney's office and servers in Jersey, British Channel Islands, a 700 year old sovereign country. Jersey has become a major financial centre because it relies upon Anglo-Saxon common law, which puts property rights at the forefront. GoldMoney considers privacy to be an important property right.

This is one of the many reasons for preferring goldmoney.

Just wondering ..... what happens if goldmoney.com just disappear ??

Is your investment secure in any way ??

LOL......will go after them with my samuri sword.

do you get a statement. certificate, etc in the post showing your account details?

Can I have my family members added to the account?

Yes if you are resident in the UK. What else do you think they asked a certified copy your passport for?

BullionVault is based in Britain so it has to comply with British regulations.

Compare this with goldmoney, which is instead based in Jersey

This is one of the many reasons for preferring goldmoney.

Hmm. Do I sell up (when the price is right) and move to goldmoney?