Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Roaring 20s - Spoons back in business


Recommended Posts

The Bolton incident was not particularly near to a Wetherspoons.

In my experience Wetherspoons is a much safer venue than the late night party bars, precisely because the cliental includes a diverse age-range.

The Formby incident was a pre-arranged battle on the beach, not sure if any pub whatsoever is connected.

In both of these incidents, I am wondering (and it's only a suspicion) about the ethnic backgrounds.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, simon99 said:

Yep, and nothing to do with their opinions. I wonder if there are any alcoholic lefties with the same condition who are seen as "Brexshitters" and sneered at by our moral elite?

It might not really be 'lefties' at fault but a character flaw of huge disrespect shown to other groups of people of all sorts of walks of life certain HPC posters show.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, nightowl said:

It might not really be 'lefties' at fault but a character flaw of huge disrespect shown to other groups of people of all sorts of walks of life certain HPC posters show.  

Everyone's a hypocrite in one way or another, as I've said before, even the self-appointed moral authority.

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why are the Brits not prepared to step up to the plate and serve their ruddy-cheeked compatriots? 

What, the ones who voted for "Brexshit" more than once you mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems the lazy feckless little englanderz are happy to sit at home suckling on the taxpayers teat. Could explain why some posters are on here constantly during working hours.

Business bosses have claimed that some sectors are in the midst of a workforce shortage partly because people are happy to remain onfurlough.

Suzanne Caldwell, managing director of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce, said that alongside Brexit, the furlough scheme, which has seen the Government fund 80 per cent of wages during the pandemic to avoid job losses, had led workers to lose motivation to find new jobs.

“We have a number, particularly of manufacturers, reporting that people are sitting on furlough and actually quite ok on 80 per cent of their salary and therefore not looking for a job,” she told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

Ms Caldwell said that in Cumbria, the hospitality sector was seeing a marked shortage of workers, saying: “About anybody you speak to who employs staff has got the problem.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why are the Brits not prepared to step up to the plate and serve their ruddy-cheeked compatriots? 

Soon dear heart, soon the journey to the Big Bang from the Thatcher era will be over, I foresee a big decrease in   The middle class a lot more low paying jobs with the people that go with them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/05/2021 at 16:44, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Good to see the yokels re-engaged in their traditional bar sports at spoons

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9636241/Punters-battle-police-Scunthorpe-police-probe-Bolton-mass-brawl.html

 

As I alluded to in a recent post re: UK tourists being allowed to trvael to various Med countries again.....

I'm sure the locals just can't wait for the Easyjet/Ryanair Brits to arrive.

That was sarcasm by the way.  🙂

Edited by anonguest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anonguest said:

As I alluded to in a recent post re: UK tourists being allowed to trvael to various Med countries again.....

I'm sure the locals just can't wait for the Easyjet/Ryanair Brits to arrive.

That was sarcasm by the way.  🙂

 

Shocking they are let out and then behave as if they can't take their drink - I assume that is what  they were doing during lockdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 01/06/2021 at 20:40, zugzwang said:

 

You post infantile and dishonest generalisations then wet the bed when they get called out?

You can play them games, Tory boi. But not in this park.

 

 

I like how me pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left is "wet the bed", "dishonest" and "infantile". It's an observation. Lots of derogatory/offensive comments about Tories, Brexiters (or Brexshitters , gammons, filth, knuckle draggers etc. the list goes on)  and the right on here, yet you're nowhere to be seen to bring them into line when they post such comments. People can post what they like, unfortunately for you it's not your park and you won't stop them.

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/06/2021 at 16:43, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why are the Brits not prepared to step up to the plate and serve their ruddy-cheeked compatriots? 

In my experience the speed of service in Spoons has improved vastly in recent years.

Say ten years ago, you would be waiting ages to get served, and it was pretty obvious a lot of staff were hiding in the back room.  We seem to have a new breed now, who are much keener on serving customers.

Don't get me started on their App though, that has stopped working for me.  They say there are too many people using it at once and it can't cope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, simon99 said:

I like how me pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left is "wet the bed", "dishonest" and "infantile". It's an observation. Lots of derogatory/offensive comments about Tories, Brexiters (or Brexshitters , gammons, filth, knuckle draggers etc. the list goes on)  and the right on here, yet you're nowhere to be seen to bring them into line when they post such comments. People can post what they like, unfortunately for you it's not your park and you won't stop them.

Oh please.  When you can show me pictures of people in hospital after being 'Bre*it Bashed' or 'Gammon Gashed' with the political dog whistles of  'If you want a gammon as your neighbour....' and 'Br*xit melon smiles...' then you'll have a point otherwise shove your pathetic whataboutism.

If the left are quiet you accuse them of being weedy walkovers

If they talk back you whine about 'ooh your being mean'

Who's the snowflake?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, msi said:

Oh please.  When you can show me pictures of people in hospital after being 'Bre*it Bashed' or 'Gammon Gashed' with the political dog whistles of  'If you want a gammon as your neighbour....' and 'Br*xit melon smiles...' then you'll have a point otherwise shove your pathetic whataboutism.

If the left are quiet you accuse them of being weedy walkovers

If they talk back you whine about 'ooh your being mean'

Who's the snowflake?

What are you on about. I don't accuse them of being weedy walkovers, strange strawman argument. I call out their hypocrisy when I see it, as demonstrated on this thread. Lots of derogatory comments / name calling on HPC about Brexiters, Tories etc, from our self appointed moral authority, yet I point out Lefties hypocrisy and I'm the bad guy, which doesn't bother me as it doesn't matter to me what they think, but I'll still point it out. No victim claiming here. Whataboutism is generally a word banded about by people who are trying to deflect from looking like hypocrites. Look at all sides.

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The left hate the working class and have a holier than you attitude with their double standards and hypocrisy.

They're quick to throw insults and names at conservatives and the right wing but when you call them out, suddenly they are offended wronged ones.

Left leaning people do NOT have a moral compass, it's all relativism to them. They do not see objective arguments clearly.

Fortunately you don't have to pick a side. Conservative (not the party) thinking is filled with cold hard truths about the world and people. The left has some elements of truth as well.

You can pick bits of both and become a better person.

It's no surprise that leftists resmble fascists due to horseshoe theory. There is a creeping totalitarianism and authoritarianism with leftist thought and I hate it. It's a "do as I say not as I do".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phantominvestor said:

The left hate the working class and have a holier than you attitude with their double standards and hypocrisy.

They're quick to throw insults and names at conservatives and the right wing but when you call them out, suddenly they are offended wronged ones.

Left leaning people do NOT have a moral compass, it's all relativism to them. They do not see objective arguments clearly.

Fortunately you don't have to pick a side. Conservative (not the party) thinking is filled with cold hard truths about the world and people. The left has some elements of truth as well.

You can pick bits of both and become a better person.

It's no surprise that leftists resmble fascists due to horseshoe theory. There is a creeping totalitarianism and authoritarianism with leftist thought and I hate it. It's a "do as I say not as I do".

Yep, it's all designed to put people off challenging them and highlighting the flaws in their logic. It's all they have, demonizing their opponents, this is my own observations over the decades. The most intolerant people I know, online and in real life.

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, simon99 said:

What are you on about. I don't accuse them of being weedy walkovers, strange strawman argument. I call out their hypocrisy when I see it, as demonstrated on this thread. Lots of derogatory comments / name calling on HPC about Brexiters, Tories etc, from our moral authority, yet I say Lefties and I'm the bad guy, which is fine, but I'll point it out. No victim claiming here. Whataboutism is generally a word banded about by people who are trying to deflect from looking like hypocrites. Look at all sides.

Your analysis is nothing more than equating the RAF with the Luftwaffe 'because they both drop bombs'  Are you really saying that a 'lefty' calling out a gammon is equivalent to a right wing nutter calling out 'N*****'?   Offensive to the extreme.

If you really are offended by the language then an internet forum isn't for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, msi said:

Your analysis is nothing more than equating the RAF with the Luftwaffe 'because they both drop bombs'  Are you really saying that a 'lefty' calling out a gammon is equivalent to a right wing nutter calling out 'N*****'?   Offensive to the extreme.

If you really are offended by the language then an internet forum isn't for you. 

You conveniently ignored his argument that leftists are hypocrites and made a nonsensical argument that has nothing to do with what he was saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, msi said:

Your analysis is nothing more than equating the RAF with the Luftwaffe 'because they both drop bombs'  Are you really saying that a 'lefty' calling out a gammon is equivalent to a right wing nutter calling out 'N*****'?   Offensive to the extreme.

If you really are offended by the language then an internet forum isn't for you. 

Here we go, another argument I haven't made. I don't throw about puerile insults. I will say that it's amazing how everything is racist to the Left, but a slur based on skin colour about the white race isn't. Imagine a similar insult which can only be applied to say people of colour. 

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phantominvestor said:

You conveniently ignored his argument that leftists are hypocrites and made a nonsensical argument that has nothing to do with what he was saying.

Before you use another account, read the post and reply accordingly.  I called out his failed analysis around language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, simon99 said:

Here we go, another argument I haven't made. I don't throw about puerile insults. I will say that it's amazing how everything is racist to the Left, but a slur based on skin colour about the white race isn't. Imagine a similar insult which can only be applied to say people of colour. 

Now who has the strawman?  Is 'Gammon' a term for all white people? - No.  Try to think more with more than a single brain cell

Everything is racist to the left? - The 'left' Challenge economic imbalance and political exploitation, and you make that racist - put the crack pipe down.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, msi said:

Before you use another account, read the post and reply accordingly.  I called out his failed analysis around language.

You invented an argument that I hadn't made, and then based your reasoning on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another insult, well done. No, but it's a term aimed only at white people, put the boot on the other foot and see if you apply the same logic.

If you want to be pedantic about it, rather than "everything",  "isn't it amazing of all the many things they find racist how a slur based on skin colour isn't"

Edited by simon99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.