House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
29929BlackTuesday

Listening To Youngish Teacher Today In Canteen...

Poor lamb is having to rent 'cos she's moved up here (Worcester) and has had "Loads of viewings for flat but no offers - I can't understand!" "And the estate agent says I shouldn't drop the price"

She then said "I've also got a buy-to-let in Gloucester I bought last summer"

Not a major story I know but just the thought of a teacher on a max of £25k having TWO houses and living in another one was ridiculous.

First time I've heard someone I don't know whinging about not being able to sell.

29929BlackTuesday,

The Public Sector Bubble

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=22713&hl=public+sector

It has struck me recently that there must be a core of rock solid group property gamblers who i) have the excess liquidty and ii) have the financial naievity to keep this bubble going on so long as it has.

The only resonable conclusion I have been able to come up with so far is that the rump must be public sector workers; spending recent pay gains, being a group that is detached enough from the reality of rising costs, the brutal economics of running a business and sheltered from the presence of either pension failure or job loss to have the confidence to do so.

Can anybody think of another group that could have been the cause, becuase I am struggling to find one.

Guest The_Oldie
............."And the estate agent says I shouldn't drop the price"

That's interesting, EAs always blame the high asking prices on the vendor, but I have had the feeling for some time that it's the EAs who are in the driving seat on pricing.

That's interesting, EAs always blame the high asking prices on the vendor, but I have had the feeling for some time that it's the EAs who are in the driving seat on pricing.

irrational faith in the housing market? I suppose many of the EAs won't have ever known any different, and the alternative view probably poses their limited imaginations a few too many questions to easily resolve

Guest Winners and Losers

Yep, I have said this many times. They price high to get you to list with them. They know that they'll be able to bring you down if they have to. You are right though, most EA's have only existed in the boom. They don't know what it is to have to work (and work) to sell a property. They are about to learn.

irrational faith in the housing market? I suppose many of the EAs won't have ever known any different, and the alternative view probably poses their limited imaginations a few too many questions to easily resolve