House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

Anecdotal Your Gonna Love This One

My mate bought a house next door to another mate did it up cheaply and stuck it on at £157, one up the street went for £170 000 but had an extension, hes had a few look at it including one pair of w@nkers who had a survey done only to get refused a mortgage ???? I like stupid people.

Anyway since november it has come down to £138 000 so theres 30 grand off allready.

Remember I said it was attached to another mates house... well his is going on the market today

for

£130 000 :blink:

The first mate is on holliday and hes back monday and will be greeted with a sign pretty much saying

"for sale and 8 grand less than next door"

And the EA actually said he thinks it should be closer to £120 than £130

That means that the one on for 138k will have to come back to 128K to be competitive. Better to drop 10K than to wait another month when who knows how much further the market will have dropped.

Sounds a bit like a HPC doesn't it?

"Better get out while you can!" :lol::D:lol::lol::lol:

100 000 and about ten grand on the do up, with cc interest acrueing.

he has done well on a couple of others and I dont want to see him lose money but I said at the time its not a good time to do another...... but no one listens to a HPC'er do they.

My (crazy) Neighbours:

Flat number 1, 2 bed ground floor flat with own front door. Vacant - elderley owner moved out to live with daughter. On market since appox June 2005 asking price £149,950k

Flat number 10, 2 bed ground floor flat with communal front door. Retired couple who have no new place in the pipeline. On market since approx June 2005, asking price £159,950k.

Potential buyer views both twice, chooses number 1 as it has it's own front door, is vacant and err ... £10k cheaper!

Lady in number 10 very miffed - can't belive what's happened 'I'll have to reduce the price!'

Number 10 now has a new asking price of £157,500. This lady feels (apprarently ) very sorry for FTB's . I avoid her like the plague, she keeps trying to sell the place to me.

Number 10 now has a new asking price of £157,500. This lady feels (apprarently ) very sorry for FTB's . I avoid her like the plague, she keeps trying to sell the place to me.

Clearly in the same way that Hitler felt sorry for the Jews....

100 000 and about ten grand on the do up, with cc interest acrueing.

he has done well on a couple of others and I dont want to see him lose money but I said at the time its not a good time to do another...... but no one listens to a HPC'er do they.

Thats classic pyramid behaviour. Collect so much loot the first few times that they stop believing that its possible to loose it all. Then invest the lot on another round of gifts/throw of the dice. Its all gamblers anonymous stuff.

EDIT:

My (crazy) Neighbours:

Flat number 1, 2 bed ground floor flat with own front door. Vacant - elderley owner moved out to live with daughter. On market since appox June 2005 asking price £149,950k

Flat number 10, 2 bed ground floor flat with communal front door. Retired couple who have no new place in the pipeline. On market since approx June 2005, asking price £159,950k.

Potential buyer views both twice, chooses number 1 as it has it's own front door, is vacant and err ... £10k cheaper!

Lady in number 10 very miffed - can't belive what's happened 'I'll have to reduce the price!'

And thats classic transference!

Edited by Elizabeth