House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest muttley

Fax Machine

Guest muttley

I recently bought a Philips fax machine for work,but the problem is we have to replace the ribbon on a regular basis.Is there a way I can either

Re-use the ribbon....

Get cheaper ribbons (currently £25 each from Comet)

Or stop unwanted faxes coming through.We get about three a day that are just scams to try to get you to call 0900 numbers.

Guest Bart of Darkness

I've signed up for the telephone and fax preference service. Works a treat for cold callers and junk faxes sent from this country.

Still get calls from places like India which are not covered by UK law though.

Having had to change an ink ribbon at work, I made sure that I got an inkjet fax when I went self-employed. These days I'd probably get a laser fax.

I recently bought a Philips fax machine for work,but the problem is we have to replace the ribbon on a regular basis.Is there a way I can either

Re-use the ribbon....

Get cheaper ribbons (currently £25 each from Comet)

Or stop unwanted faxes coming through.We get about three a day that are just scams to try to get you to call 0900 numbers.

People still use facsimile machines? :blink::wacko::wacko::blink: