House Price Crash Forum

12 minutes ago, shlomo said:

I have never really looked at discretionary spending must be all coffee at Costa and sandwiches at Pret, I will go back to them probably go out of my comfort zone thinking of going to horse racing when it is on.

I do miss living, What is life without experiences 

We used to eat and drink out all the time. Now it's cheaper restaurant deliveries and beer/wine clubs. Planning a holiday to Bora Bora next year if any semblance of international travel has returned and we can get a spot.

12 hours ago, skinnylattej said:

I do not agree, lots of new cars appearing in my neighbourhood, especially German cars, manufacturers must be having a field day.

Can't see it here, if anything people going from two cars a family down to one or three down to two......lots of sold subject to contract and under offer boards.;)

12 hours ago, skinnylattej said:

I do not agree, lots of new cars appearing in my neighbourhood, especially German cars, manufacturers must be having a field day.

That cannot be true - we were told no one would want to deal with the UK after Brexit ! LOL 

19 hours ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

Ive just read the BoE report about this year growth, predicted at an amazing 7.5%. 
Where is the growth coming from? 

1) Tourism is dead and won’t recover for years. As I said in another discussion London had around 25 mil people coming and visit every year. Who is going to replace those 25 million in the restaurants, museums, transports of the capital?

2) University. How are things going there? How many EU students are applying to come and study here? How many from the RoW are coming here during a pandemic? Can we know some numbers? 

3) Manufacturing: export and import data are still down, they have not recovered. Whether it’s Brexit or Covid, how many business have seen their revenues plummeting? Are they recovering? The answer is no. 

Are we at the gates of the new world where we are all digital and green friendly? Cool, somebody would need to put the money and the effort to build the new world. Anybody knows where the gov White Paper for the new Britain is? Where is the money? I can only see debts here. 

The economy suffered a massive fall last year even with huge amounts of Government spending propping it up. In the context of say a 20% fall a 7% gain doesn't look so good and would leave the economy still way below its previous level.

21 hours ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

Ive just read the BoE report about this year growth, predicted at an amazing 7.5%. 
Where is the growth coming from? 

1) Tourism is dead and won’t recover for years. As I said in another discussion London had around 25 mil people coming and visit every year. Who is going to replace those 25 million in the restaurants, museums, transports of the capital?

2) University. How are things going there? How many EU students are applying to come and study here? How many from the RoW are coming here during a pandemic? Can we know some numbers? 

3) Manufacturing: export and import data are still down, they have not recovered. Whether it’s Brexit or Covid, how many business have seen their revenues plummeting? Are they recovering? The answer is no. 

Are we at the gates of the new world where we are all digital and green friendly? Cool, somebody would need to put the money and the effort to build the new world. Anybody knows where the gov White Paper for the new Britain is? Where is the money? I can only see debts here. 

Don't worry, Gordon promised "no more boom and bust" and a "New World Order"... BTW have you watched "The Hunger Games"? It'll all be fine. Shell suits and Nike trainers are super cheap now and affordable even on UBI. 

3 hours ago, yelims said:

7% “predicted” growth after an actual fall of 9%

hmm let me think about that /s are there buses with these predictions being driven around 😂

= negative growth.;)