House Price Crash Forum

8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Stock market not liking the inflation news, what they gonna do, print more money to shore it up, which will cause more inflation....

The bankers have kicked their can into the corner of the room.

Analysts predict headline US prices rose 3.6 per cent in April from the same time last year.

Chinese factory gate prices, an early indicator of price pressures for importers in the west, are forecast to have jumped more than 6 per cent...

OH DEAR!

3 minutes ago, gruffydd said:

Analysts predict headline US prices rose 3.6 per cent in April from the same time last year.

Chinese factory gate prices, an early indicator of price pressures for importers in the west, are forecast to have jumped more than 6 per cent...

OH DEAR!

Whatever could the problem be !!!

Do y

7 minutes ago, gruffydd said:

OH DEAR!

Do you know, i dont think they care...they'll just keep going.  The blackrock tghread yesterday frightened me, they basically want to keep IRs at 0 and bail out the banks.  

2 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Wow I simply can't believe that a giant money hose being turned on for over a year would result in the price of things would increase. Shocking. 

You are Mr Bailey-outey and I claim my £5...which is now worth £4...now £3....

9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Do y

Do you know, i dont think they care...they'll just keep going.  The blackrock tghread yesterday frightened me, they basically want to keep IRs at 0 and bail out the banks.  

Just as the banks didn't last time... but there comes a time where all policy instruments fail... it nearly happened during the financial crash... and risks are far greater this time around. 

2 minutes ago, gruffydd said:

Just as the banks didn't last time... but there comes a time where all policy instruments fail... it nearly happened during the financial crash... and risks are far greater this time around. 

The instability is greater, I was saying this just yesterday.  The higher the prices go, the lower the rates go, the more they print, the worse the final collapse will be.

It's a classic mania.

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The instability is greater, I was saying this just yesterday.  The higher the prices go, the lower the rates go, the more they print, the worse the final collapse will be.

It's a classic mania.

You need hard assets. Like Bitcoin. 

Man, this inflation is really 'unexpected'!

Goodness knows what the actual inflation rate is - the stats are deliberately understated as they always have been.  Every time they make a change to the calculation for whatever spurious reason they give, it always results in lower output.  Strange, that.

It's now hit the point where even the highly doctored figures can't cover it up and the more they lie, the more the general public can see how untrustworthy the stats are.

Surely you can just print more money to pay your inflating debts if you keep interest rates at zero? Theyve clearly thought about this in depth and decided its the only way to dig a deeper hole. 🤣

1 hour ago, Sour Mash said:

Man, this inflation is really 'unexpected'!

Goodness knows what the actual inflation rate is - the stats are deliberately understated as they always have been.  Every time they make a change to the calculation for whatever spurious reason they give, it always results in lower output.  Strange, that.

It's now hit the point where even the highly doctored figures can't cover it up and the more they lie, the more the general public can see how untrustworthy the stats are.

Just booked a skiing holiday in hope that things will be back to normal.

It's £1K cheap than 2 years ago.

However, if I were to go with a different vendor/hotel it would cost me 40% more.

There's a lot of companies desperately trying to survive by putting up their prices but they can't if they are being undercut 40%.

Interesting times.

42 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Surely you can just print more money to pay your inflating debts if you keep interest rates at zero? Theyve clearly thought about this in depth and decided its the only way to dig a deeper hole. 🤣

They've been digging that hole for 13 years now, you think they'd be at the bottom by now.

Whole thing is a total scam aimed at keeping the working class down and the rich/bankers rolling in clover.

The one thing I will teach my children is to never accept these over lords.

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just booked a skiing holiday in hope that things will be back to normal.

It's £1K cheap than 2 years ago.

However, if I were to go with a different vendor/hotel it would cost me 40% more.

There's a lot of companies desperately trying to survive by putting up their prices but they can't if they are being undercut 40%.

Interesting times.

so no inflation then...

12 hours ago, Si1 said:

so no inflation then...

This sums up the problem I have with inflation panic, I'm not seeing it.

Granted I dont buy much but so far this year:

1. Walkie talkies, 30% off previous purchase price

2. Axes, 30% off.

3. Wood stain, 10% off.

4. Ski Holiday 20% off

5. Bread flour, 60% off ( tesco deal ).

If I had to buy a new car/house though, 10% more, if I had to holiday in the UK 20% more.  All the stuff people buy on credit is more expensive.  People are trying to claw back their losses and/or survive by increasing their prices, that'll only work if people have more money....millions have much less, who knows but maybe 2 million have left the UK.

Maybe the BoE are right to look through the inflation for now.  Time will tell.  They're lying ****s so I suspect it will take off.

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Let the mortgage holders eat £50 cake.

What we need is UBI that will make up the hole in peoples pay packets.  Then IR's can stay low...........................to save the economy banks/stock market/the rich/the establishment

It's not just the banks.

The trouble with saving the banks is that they not have unlimited money to spend on adverts/marketting/corrupt politicians/themselves/their industry.

This has made them more powerful than the government themselves.

They will not stop, they will nto give this up.

The £ is going to 0, that is the ultimate outcome of all this.

19 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Stock market not liking the inflation news, what they gonna do, print more money to shore it up, which will cause more inflation....

The bankers have kicked their can into the corner of the room.

The stock market fell because of anticipated interest rate rises in response to the inflation. That causes people to buy bonds and makes companies borrowing money harder. 

What asset managers like Blackrock want us QE to the moon because that encourages investment in shares. 

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

This sums up the problem I have with inflation panic, I'm not seeing it.

Granted I dont buy much but so far this year:

1. Walkie talkies, 30% off previous purchase price

2. Axes, 30% off.

3. Wood stain, 10% off.

4. Ski Holiday 20% off

5. Bread flour, 60% off ( tesco deal ).

If I had to buy a new car/house though, 10% more, if I had to holiday in the UK 20% more.  All the stuff people buy on credit is more expensive.  People are trying to claw back their losses and/or survive by increasing their prices, that'll only work if people have more money....millions have much less, who knows but maybe 2 million have left the UK.

Maybe the BoE are right to look through the inflation for now.  Time will tell.  They're lying ****s so I suspect it will take off.

This is the million dollar question. Very hard thing to judge.

59 minutes ago, Si1 said:

This is the million dollar question. Very hard thing to judge.

It is but looking at history then you'd have to say it's going to be massive inflation, the politicians/bankers spending dirdctly into the economy etc.

Even if it doesn't they are determined not to let (their) house prices fall.

BTW, just bought a new ski-helmet, 65% off.  If people are paying inflated exagerated prices then they only have themselves to blame.

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It is but looking at history then you'd have to say it's going to be massive inflation, the politicians/bankers spending dirdctly into the economy etc.

Even if it doesn't they are determined not to let (their) house prices fall.

BTW, just bought a new ski-helmet, 65% off.  If people are paying inflated exagerated prices then they only have themselves to blame.

Was buying semolina from tesco, just found it for 45% less.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/russian-supermarket-claims-cheaper-aldi-20553142

Russian supermarket, which claims to be cheaper than Aldi and Lidl, is coming to North Wales

Inflation ?