House Price Crash Forum

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

The preamble on Sky News suggests that there will be something to help first time buyers "get on the ladder".

Any bets against that "help" being to lend them more money?

Debt is the only language they know.

They could increase IRs, they could make lending multiples stricter, they could lower immigration, increase house building, regulate BTL/Airbng until they squeal like the fat piggies they are.

Or a 0.9% APR* ho-moaner loan to cover the entire house purchase, plus a bit extra for a new car, decoration, some holidays and updated tablets and phones? Not sure what they'll go for? Shiny things maybe?

* APR fixed for 5 years after which it will increase by RPI+22%. Debt written off after 10 years.

The preamble on Sky News suggests that there will be something to help first time buyers "get on the ladder".

Jesus wept.

Get on the ladder....prop up the pyramid more like.

If the housing market is so buoyant why the help ?

2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

It's all the government policies from the budget.  More debt for the stupid to hand up the pyramid to the rich.

What they are actually saying is that increased house building will occur as a result of getting rid of "planning delays".

Apparently it can take 15 years and they aim to half this to "only" 7 years. 

Expect housing estates on prime farmland with no public transport.

At least HPI has made it onto the TV News as a result of this speech.  HPI way outstripping the growth in average income was actually featured on the ITV News 6pm show.

This is progress.  Up to now you have failed to get HPI correctly classed as a problem, rather than something great.  So having it featured in this manner is at least an improvement.

1 minute ago, kzb said:

At least HPI has made it onto the TV News as a result of this speech.  HPI way outstripping the growth in average income was actually featured on the ITV News 6pm show.

This is progress.  Up to now you have failed to get HPI correctly classed as a problem, rather than something great.  So having it featured in this manner is at least an improvement.

Or alternatively, it's the prelude to another load of market-defying subsidies.

Hmmm....

...a new traffic light system will be introduced, with London and the rest of the UK divided up by local councils into areas designated for “growth”, “protection”, or “renewal”.

Growth areas will see current planning restrictions largely swept away.

The complex “Section 106” system, where developers negotiate with local councils over multi million pound payments towards improvements to local transport, schools, employment, and environment — made in return for planning permission to build — will be dismantled.

Instead, a new Infrastructure Levy will be introduced. It is not clear how this money will be spent, although in the past similar levies have paid for major transport projects including Crossrail.

https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandproperty/property-news/britain-planning-bill-system-queen-s-speech-b934434.html

That is a bit worrying.  They can build a large housing development without working with the council over transport and services.  They are paying a general tax, which is not linked to the development in question.  This could turn out badly.

1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

Or alternatively, it's the prelude to another load of market-defying subsidies.

It seems more like a  buildingfree for all if you are unlucky enough to be in a "Growth" area.  They don't have to supply more roads and services anymore.  See my post above.

2 hours ago, Huggy said:

Well, looks like they've said they'll increase house building. Whoduvthunkit?

I'll believe it when I see it of course.

They could build just 1 extra house than previous years and still claim that they increased house building. Remember this is Tory filth that we are talking about who counted each individual glove as a single piece of PPE.

Just now, kzb said:

It seems more like a  buildingfree for all if you are unlucky enough to be in a "Growth" area.  They don't have to supply more roads and services anymore.  See my post above.

I can see that happening. With contracts for preferred suppliers regardless of price (no more EU public procurement directives).

1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

They could build just 1 extra house than previous years and still claim that they increased house building. Remember this is Tory filth that we are talking about who counted each individual glove as a single piece of PPE.

When writing small numbers in a sentence, you should write them in letters, not numerals.

So that should have been, "one extra house", not "1 extra house".

You did ask for grammar lessons, if you remember.  I'm still waiting for thanks for when I corrected your attempt at correcting my grammar the other day.

25 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

More debt entrapment.

Also it is not clear if that four years is your lifetime allowance, i.e if you've already had three years aged 18-21, can you have only one more year even if you are 55?

Also, if you are unemployed, clearly there will be expectation that you will take out one of these loans.  This will take you off the unemployment figures and the state can stop paying you out-of-work benefits.

On the other hand if you are part of a middle-class couple, it could help with paying the mortgage while one of you goes on a course because you fancy a change.

It's a dirty trick on the poor disguised as something good.

41 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Only adults get student loans at the mo.

Education non HE is currently free up to 19.

Ukgov would do best looking at the return current 25+ are getting from their very expensive education.

2 hours ago, kzb said:

When writing small numbers in a sentence, you should write them in letters, not numerals.

So that should have been, "one extra house", not "1 extra house".

You did ask for grammar lessons, if you remember.  I'm still waiting for thanks for when I corrected your attempt at correcting my grammar the other day.

He picked me up recently I wrote Your instead of You're. Maybe they did not do numbers at the Russell Group University he went to. 

1 hour ago, Insane said:

He picked me up recently I wrote Your instead of You're. Maybe they did not do numbers at the Russell Group University he went to. 

He only picks up on the grammar from persons who argue against his position.  If you back him up, you can write as badly as you like.

When you think about it, it will work against him, because his opponents will be writing perfectly and giving a good impression, but his followers will still write like morons.

I went to a Russell Group university, but actually we learnt about writing numbers at school in those days.

9 hours ago, kzb said:

He only picks up on the grammar from persons who argue against his position.  If you back him up, you can write as badly as you like.

When you think about it, it will work against him, because his opponents will be writing perfectly and giving a good impression, but his followers will still write like morons.

I went to a Russell Group university, but actually we learnt about writing numbers at school in those days.

You and @debtlessmanc must have known each other. Proper pals.

58 minutes ago, kzb said:

Whereas you are proper pals with Monsieur !  Good luck with that.

Ha ha, I'm not sure @MonsieurCopperCrutch crutch and I are proper pals. We've clashed a few times on the bitcoin thread. We just happen to agree that brexit is shit, the Tories play the baying masses like a fiddle, and brexiters lie relentlessly. 

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

Ha ha, I'm not sure @MonsieurCopperCrutch crutch and I are proper pals. We've clashed a few times on the bitcoin thread. We just happen to agree that brexit is shit, the Tories play the baying masses like a fiddle, and brexiters lie relentlessly. 

I like you duggers and enjoy your posts, even on the Bitcoin thread. Just because I clash with someone does not mean that I do not respect their opinion or stance.