House Price Crash Forum

We've had 13 years of low IR/QE, 50-100% price increase in the cost of shelter on top of a bank destroying bubble.

House prices will just keep going up if we believe the hype.

What are the positive outcomes of all this ?

What are TPTB trying to achieve exactly ?

Do people think there will be no end to this ?  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No change was required

Delaying the end of their ability to steal (tax) from the citizenry

Do addicts think about what happens beyond their next fix?

Edited by Locke
3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

We've had 13 years of low IR/QE, 50-100% price increase in the cost of shelter on top of a bank destroying bubble.

Superficially, it looks like the economy is working! To the vast majority of Britons that is, who live in the moment and care only about their immediate prospects. I am aware of no-one outside of this forum who knows what Term Funding is, let alone the numbers involved.

Sunak makes the occasional appearance to convey the impression that he is responsible and sober. Home owners feel the warm glow of unearned wealth and the dolce vita.

The Crooked Mile gets its dibs on an ever greater share of the national output. MPs go to work for the Crooked Mile when they leave Parliament. Many of them are already landlords ofc.

15 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Superficially, it looks like the economy is working! To the vast majority of Britons that is, who live in the moment and care only about their immediate prospects. I am aware of no-one outside of this forum who knows what Term Funding is, let alone the numbers involved.

Sunak makes the occasional appearance to convey the impression that he is responsible and sober. Home owners feel the warm glow of unearned wealth and the dolce vita.

The Crooked Mile gets its dibs on an ever greater share of the national output. MPs go to work for the Crooked Mile when they leave Parliament. Many of them are already landlords ofc.

Doom monger

49 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I don't think there is a plan.  It is a bit like someone who feels a bit tired and snorts a small amount of speed.

For a short time all their problems are gone, but then they need a bit more and a bit more.

What the drug addict is trying to achieve is survive today - long term no plans.

That is basically our Governments since 2000 onwards.

58 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

And the positive is ?

Realistically the best outcome I think most of us can hope for is that prices remain stagnant for the next decade or so and inflation (with accompanying wage increases) makes it easier to buy property.

I still don't think a correction of 10/15% would be disastrous as it's made out to be and the majority of people would still be in positive equity but I can't see this happening now.

I still am optimistic that something will give in the next decade or so but like most people, I won't wait around for things to change as I am now in the luxury position to be able to buy (due to the pandemic).

9 minutes ago, Sprrite said:

I still don't think a correction of 10/15% would be disastrous as it's made out to be and the majority of people would still be in positive equity but I can't see this happening now.

I can. That would just be the froth coming off.

14 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

There are no positive outcomes

Sunak's robotic phrase for the next couple of years at least:

"supporting house prices supports the wider economy"

And himself of course.

There must be at least positive outcome form all this.

At least if the country collapses into anarchy we can say we told you do.

My axe arrived today, very pleased with it, it feels much heavier than I though, could do proper damage with it.

Just now, Trump Invective said:

There are no positive outcomes

Sunak's robotic phrase for the next couple of years at least:

"supporting house prices supports the wider economy"

How, when the money you're borrowing is being used for asset price speculation not capital investment?

You're undermining the economy not supporting it. The only beneficiaries are bankers, landlords and property developers.

5 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

How, when the money you're borrowing is being used for asset price speculation not capital investment?

You're undermining the economy not supporting it. The only beneficiaries are bankers, landlords and property developers.

Sunak: "Yes, yes, I am listening to your concerns on this issue. War is peace."

In the US, the market would need to fall 30% to reach the previous all time peak in the Buffett Yardstick during the tech bubble.

A bear market is defined as just a 20% fall.

18 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

Absolutely! Thank goodness!

Good to know :lol: 

I see the BoE has said we're going to recover much faster than they thought...on election day.

But left IRs at 0.

Just say the National Debt clock has passed £2.5Trillion ( 2,500,000,000,000 ) or £40,000 per capita or, £80,000 per tax payer.

A family of 4 with 2 grown up working children owe £320,000.

And they think their house is making them rich.