House Price Crash Forum

Your Views On The Boe Decision To Hold Rates

laurejon

HOLA441

I find it amazing that the BOE could hold rates when it is obvious to all and sundry that inflation is running away.

Oil

Health

Transport

Housing

All benchmarks of inflation are at runnaway speeds, councils are again this year predicting costs to rise well over 5% yet the Government refuse to agree and continue to say they have a handle on inflation.

Could it well be the case that the BOE is no more independent than Osama Bin Laden and Abu Hamza.

What are your views on this.

I felt we should have a .25% rise to stem house prices and put the lid on public sector pay rises.

HOLA442

As I said in the other thread, they're like deer in the headlights... too scared to raise and take the blame for crashing the economy, but if they don't then inflation is going to flatten them.

Will certainly be interesting to see who voted for what.

HOLA443
Guest muttley

I find it amazing that the BOE could hold rates when it is obvious to all and sundry that inflation is running away.

Oil

Health

Transport

Housing

All benchmarks of inflation are at runnaway speeds, councils are again this year predicting costs to rise well over 5% yet the Government refuse to agree and continue to say they have a handle on inflation.

Could it well be the case that the BOE is no more independent than Osama Bin Laden and Abu Hamza.

What are your views on this.

I felt we should have a .25% rise to stem house prices and put the lid on public sector pay rises.

The BoE have no remit to support/undermine house prices.Given the parameters I would say they were correct in their decision.Unless sterling collapses I see the next move as down.

HOLA444

The BoE target CPI. It's on target right now so there was no reason to change it. We all know the CPI figures are false and that's how the government influence the BoE.

Aside from that, the economy is starting to show a lot of problems and growth has slowed. So the BoE are stuck between a rock and a hard place - drop rates to boost the economy or raise them to stop inflation.

Stagflation on the way?