House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Apr 2021 (those of a nervous disposition should not open this thread)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

How is a mini boom classified? 1 year? 2 years?

This isn't a mini-boom.  This is the end of capitalism and freedom.

If Corbyn had won the election in 2019 thinks might have been different but suspect he might have suffered a heary attack soon after moving into no10.

4 hours ago, ucnvpe0 said:

It might take years just to get back to 2019 prices. I suspect there will be people here who regret not buying.

Regret buying what though? There's a mobile home near me, 2 bedrooms, on sale for £225,000 right now. I could buy that with cash. Don't fancy getting into debt to get something better really, sounds a bit dangerous in these strange times 😉

Do I regret not buying it now it's 'worth' just under £230k? No. We're just another month away from what needs to happen actually happening, I can remain solvent longer than the market can remain irrational.

Enough of this bad news though. Have you seen what's happened to Bitcoin? I know there are people here who regret not buying that 😄 2.1% gain in one month? LOL, FOCL, LMFAO, PML etc.

4 hours ago, ucnvpe0 said:

It might take years just to get back to 2019 prices. I suspect there will be people here who regret not buying.

Regret buying what though? There's a mobile home near me, 2 bedrooms, on sale for £225,000 right now. I could buy that with cash. Don't fancy getting into debt to get something better really, sounds a bit dangerous in these strange times 😉

Do I regret not buying it now it's 'worth' just under £230k? No. We're just another month away from what needs to happen actually happening, I can remain solvent longer than the market can remain irrational.

Enough of this bad news though. Have you seen what's happened to Bitcoin? I know there are people here who regret not buying that 😄 2.1% gain in one month? LOL, FOCL, LMFAO, PML etc.

4 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Huggy- we all know you are a millionaire 😄. How many people under 40 have over 200k+ cash sitting around?

Agree Bitcoin is one of the few ways out of the current mess.

Edited by ucnvpe0

16 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

This isn't a mini-boom.  This is the end of capitalism and freedom.

If Corbyn had won the election in 2019 thinks might have been different but suspect he might have suffered a heary attack soon after moving into no10.

Exactly - so why were the press announcing this as a mini-boom last year!? They know nothing

14 minutes ago, ucnvpe0 said:

Huggy- we all know you are a millionaire 😄. How many people under 40 have over 200k+ cash sitting around?

With my pension added, I might actually be....🤔💰

The point was a fecking caravan is what someone of my age (early 40s), and also my rank and status (quite decent), could buy with some good savings without putting himself at risk with an eye-watering mortgage and some econcomic shock that I guarantee will happen 'soon'. If I cashed in my Bitcoin too (I won't, the plan is all or nothing with that) I could possibly stretch to a detatched.

It's gone from insane to slightly more insane this month. I'm just going to laught at it, coincidentally in a slightly insane manner.

24 minutes ago, ucnvpe0 said:

I did at 30 i assumed everyone did.  i was just poor then now i'm skint in housing terms.

500k deposit and a 100k job i could probably buy a small house.

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yet house prices are up 2.1% in a month

Someone somewhere is not telling the whole truth.

Or you just don't / refuse to get it. Just maybe prices are going up, large numbers of people are carrying on with their lives pretty much as before, and you continue to just bury your head in the sand and talk of conspiracy theories and estate agents. 

49 minutes ago, longgone said:

Not really crypto is just a big pump and dump.

Interest will go whwn lockdown is over and people start going out again.

When people start going out again buddy? MSM now reporting R number rises to 1.1 across England. 

P.S. House prices have been obliterated measured in BTC bud keep your crypto misinformation for the Bitcoin thread. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

Nationwide said an extension of stamp duty holiday in the Budget has been key to bolstering the housing market following a slowdown of growth in March. 

However, research found that 'while the stamp duty holiday is impacting the timing of housing transactions, for most people it is not the key motivating factor prompting them to move in the first place.'

Instead, three-quarters of those surveyed at the end of April said they would be moving regardless of the extended stamp duty holiday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9528891/Average-house-prices-surge-nearly-16-000.html

51 minutes ago, ucnvpe0 said:

I expect housing costs to reduce productivity. The levels of debt will continue to rise.

Agreed...but that's not the same as your comment "The economy is already stuffed. Everyone is getting scraps from the top."

There seems to be a groupthink going on amongst some posters that the UK economy is on some kind of precipice of collapse, when I can't see the data or logic that backs that up.

Now - this does not justify house prices at their current levels, or them rising 2.1% in a month.  But there are not two possible scenarios (1) house prices rising 2.1% per month is reasonable (2) the UK economy and/or capitalism is going to collapse.  There are plenty of middle ground scenarios.

5 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Nothing. They just want to buy houses and get on with their lives. 

Here here.

I live in my house. I’ve invested money improving it and making it a great family home for my wife and kids. We’ve had memories here that’ll last a life time. It keeps me dry, warm and sheltered from a lot of the sh*t that goes on in this world. 

If people buy within their means then they can’t be criticised for being home owners. After all, it pays to own a property 😎

14 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

Here here.

I live in my house. I’ve invested money improving it and making it a great family home for my wife and kids. We’ve had memories here that’ll last a life time. It keeps me dry, warm and sheltered from a lot of the sh*t that goes on in this world. 

If people buy within their means then they can’t be criticised for being home owners. After all, it pays to own a property 😎

Can't disagree with that

3 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

Drive down Unthank Road from the A11 one of the nicest roads in Norwich with lovely detached period houses 600 - 1 million £

Loads of Labour boards outside 0 conservative.

Conservatives scared of oldies with their housing equity

Labour scared of city centre rich and public servants whom directly benefit as they can often sell up and price out in the regions a la Norwich where the hospital and county hall are the primary providers of stable 50/70/100K+ jobs.

On balance at this time the powers that be have decided that in both Con and Lab house prices need to be protected.

Liberal democrats pull your finger out.

Yet KS launched straight into "Property Bubbles" and how damaging they are in his budget day speech? Scottish Labour are banging on about too expensive property and rent controls needed in their run up to the elections in May.

I am in the process of buying...if it goes through, I will be relieved in some ways, I am buying at the top end of a fair price, but in others, I just think this will end very badly, especially if Rishi doesn't extend SD holiday again...I could see all of 2021 increases evaporating by October. I will totally pull out if he doesn't and I am unable to complete before end of June, and the buyers won't come down.

Edited by HovelinHove

1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Agreed...but that's not the same as your comment "The economy is already stuffed. Everyone is getting scraps from the top."

There seems to be a groupthink going on amongst some posters that the UK economy is on some kind of precipice of collapse, when I can't see the data or logic that backs that up.

Now - this does not justify house prices at their current levels, or them rising 2.1% in a month.  But there are not two possible scenarios (1) house prices rising 2.1% per month is reasonable (2) the UK economy and/or capitalism is going to collapse.  There are plenty of middle ground scenarios.

3) Mortgage rates get pushed up and many people find they overstretched, the alternative is for CB`s to accept that they can`t re-inflate and stop trying?

6 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Nothing. They just want to buy houses and get on with their lives. 

That's what this is really about and no matter how insane people think they are, they are simply getting on with it.

People on this forum over look the fact that house prices have continually risen.

That the money supply has increased every economic crash along with new props.

This current growth isn't the end, inflation will kick in and all the other CBs money will also find its way here.

30% more money created in the US. You have to be actually crazy to not buy a house.

This is not rocket science, we all know really what's going to happen.