House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

House Sell Gone Down The Pan In One Day!

I shouldn't but ... :lol:

Talk about desperation as well:

Are they not duty bound to inform you of any offer they receive? We've had offers from people that haven't sold - we just ask them to come back when they are in a position to proceed!

Mother-in-law 29929blacktuesday just sold house (big) to youngish couple who couldn't find a buyer for their first house - how?

They got a BRIDGING LOAN they are so sure house #1 will sell.... Oh dear.

Nice timing to get a bridging loan. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hate to p!ss on the parade guys.

Why not offer these people some constructive advice. Many of them have no idea of what is happening to the market, they don't know we're at the early stages of a property crunch.

They've just heard that the British system for selling is rubbish, which it is. On that few would disagree.

How about showing them some of the truths about the housing market, how they could drop their price over here, and take advantage of an Australian market that is some time ahead of us?

Sure some of them may be pricks, but they're leaving, that's a good reason to help them out.

And some of the others just don't understand, how about helping them out too?

I'd hate to see this site become overrun by smug people who show the same characteristics as those who created this mess in the first place.

Wthout wishng to apear smug( ok bandwagon?) the collapsing sales wil be good news for many. by the time they finally sell, the australian market will have crashed and they will be able to buy a great place in Manly foR s*d all

Why not offer these people some constructive advice. Many of them have no idea of what is happening to the market, they don't know we're at the early stages of a property crunch.

They've just heard that the British system for selling is rubbish, which it is. On that few would disagree.

How about showing them some of the truths about the housing market, how they could drop their price over here, and take advantage of an Australian market that is some time ahead of us?

Sure some of them may be pricks, but they're leaving, that's a good reason to help them out.

I'd hate to see this site become overrun by smug people who show the same characteristics as those who created this mess in the first place.

Hate to p!ss on your parade p!ssing on our parades but you are just as free to logon and offer our expat friends some well needed advice and karma.

Hate to p!ss on your parade p!ssing on our parades but you are just as free to logon and offer our expat friends some well needed advice and karma.

I might give that a go...

Edited by BandWagon

Guest Bart of Darkness

Tried it. Got banned after one post.

I wasn't that offensive, just pointing out a few home truths (it didn't help that I joined at the same time as a rather more "contoversial" poster, so they may have thought he and I were in cahoots).

Constructive advice isn't wanted over there (not what I would call constructive anyway).

I'm sure life will prvide them with all the constructive advice they need. :lol:

Anybody that has a property in the UK does not want to hear that sort of advice, be it on the ex-pats site or at a friends dinner party

I think this latest bout of UK HPI has benifited a few people, but f**ked up the majority, many indirectly, for example my daughter, who at 25 cannot afford a home even if she wanted to buy

I am not too concerned for myself, I am currently renting, but spend a lot of time out of the UK and because of my circumstances, it suits me, its good value and NO DIY!

I make a lot of money, so If I decide to buy, a few 100k either way doesn't bother me (no bragging, just the way it is for me)

My business supplies many UK companies, including most of the top housebulders, so I get a decent inside track and add to that I used to own a lot of development property during the 80's so I could offer some reasonable advice to people

I am not predicting the future, but I can give anyone 10 reasons to CONSIDER not buying now

But most people out there (inc ex-pats) do not want to hear anything other than 'house prices always go up'

Its as simple as that!

Edited by 88Crash

Tried it. Got banned after one post.

I wasn't that offensive, just pointing out a few home truths (it didn't help that I joined at the same time as a rather more "contoversial" poster, so they may have thought he and I were in cahoots).

Constructive advice isn't wanted over there (not what I would call constructive anyway).

I'm sure life will prvide them with all the constructive advice they need. :lol:

I am thinking of logging on there, and suggesting some bearish advice. I think my posts on here are pretty diplomatic so it would be hard for them to kick me off. Also I am actually an expat, so I would have a reason to be there.

Question is, should I use the same user ID?

frugalista

Guest Bart of Darkness

I am thinking of logging on there, and suggesting some bearish advice. I think my posts on here are pretty diplomatic so it would be hard for them to kick me off. Also I am actually an expat, so I would have a reason to be there.

Question is, should I use the same user ID?

frugalista

Best of luck if you go ahead, it'll be interesting to see what kind of reception you get (it's nearly a year since I posted my one and only contribution and diplomatic was not the way I would describe it).

As for user ID, if you were posting to the Sinking Pig, I'd advise against it, but in this case there's no real "history" between the two sites. They're aware of us sure, but I don't think it would cause the same kind of bother as on SP. I guess it's a matter of personal choice.

Agree with that. While it is good to see the market stalling, I don't enjoy seeing people having such problems.

The last time we intervened in there they were all in deep denial, anything but optimism about the state of the market is dismissed with vigour and insults. It's rather like Abu Hamza debating the toss with a Jehovah's Witness.

Remember this is very personal for them, telling someone to drop the price means "giving up" their "hard earned money". Don't piss on peoples' dreams, they can work things out for themselves.

Edited by BuyingBear

As for user ID, if you were posting to the Sinking Pig, I'd advise against it, but in this case there's no real "history" between the two sites.

Wow. It's like west side story. Is this the jets or the sharks? Can I be Maria?

Why do people here make the assumption that just because someone is an 'ex-pat' that they must be greedy and rich and therefore deserving of scorn and bile?

I know someone who recently moved to Oz to start a new life. Was he some smug, pompous Brit with a fat wallet?

No, he was the mechanic fixing my car! He just wanted a better standard of living for him and his kids and was understandably hacked off with life in London.

HPC can come across as a remarkable bitter place sometimes.

Schadenfreunde is a perfectly natural and healthy human emotion.

The last time we intervened in there they were all in deep denial, anything but optimism about the state of the market is dismissed with vigour and insults. It's rather like Abu Hamza debating the toss with a Jehovah's Witness.

Remember this is very personal for them, telling someone to drop the price means "giving up" their "hard earned money". Don't piss on peoples' dreams, they can work things out for themselves.

How quick you all forget this charming individual who sums up the expat mentality forum :

We had an offer today from someone I am aquainted with through my church, she has nothing to sell as her boyfriend dumped her on Xmas day (classy). She initially offered 233,and we laughed. She then came back with 235 and we giggled.

Help them out? I'd rather giggle. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How quick you all forget this charming individual who sums up the expat mentality forum :

Well indeed, and people seriously expect us to reason with that and waste time trying to engage them in useful and rational debate?

There's no point, the Land Registry are now reporting actual falls and the state of the market is self-evident, their delusion can only last so long, best to not spoil it for them whilst they're still tripping and 'giggling'.

I have tried, seriously, I have tried - to offer advice and a bit of insight to the market - on that site. I seem to be unable to log-in now with no record of my account!