House Price Crash Forum

Dirty Tory Corruption

HOLA441
6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The unions picked the superior Miliband!

Obvious now with the benefit of hindsight.

Interesting view, but the unions don't really get economics. I imagine they're still shocked about coal mines not being commercially viable at £150K/year per miner. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Our government is completely corrupt, at this stage. There's hidden corruption, which most rational people believe goes on to some level, and then there's the point they've reached now, where they aren't even bothering to hide it anymore. 

Does look bad but wrt Dyson I'm starting to wonder if he actually knew what he was doing - wasn't this just after he had Covid ? It just seems so completely ridiculous - maybe he wasn't mentally 'all there'.

Edit: tbh its almost more of a worry that Dyson knew he could ask and expect to get

Edited by pig

HOLA443
2 hours ago, Unmoderated said:

Probably not enough politicians to warrant a new qualification being set up and I guess most are lawyers who ain't too hot at maths (commercial lawyers in my experience at least). 

Ideology is a hard one. Thatcher for instance is viewed by many as the most competent PM we had in 20th century. The view is that her political and economic ideology was born out of her humble beginnings that reinforced self reliance etc.... no such thing as society etc. 

But as an Oxford Chemistry graduate she sure as heck could add up. 

Tories have presided over more recessions than Labour and have borrowed more than Labour, though the argument against has been that they've spent far longer in power (true) and have also swept to power following a fairly calamitous economic scenario after a Labour government. 

My tuppence is that I'd trust the blues with the economy more than I'd trust the reds, especially given it's the unions that picks the head of the Labour party (remember David and Ed Miliband saga?). 

I think above all what Thatcher had was superb communication - evidenced precisely in the way you feel compelled to relay her 'story'. That 'story', and how it was projected is what people voted for.

But too controversial to usefully use as an example. Easier to point at Brown and Osbourne: while they were both 'competent' in the basic sense referenced above (just about lol) their ability was in the service of (or warped by) ideology / philosophy / politics. 

HOLA444
2 hours ago, Unmoderated said:

Interesting view, but the unions don't really get economics. I imagine they're still shocked about coal mines not being commercially viable at £150K/year per miner. 

It's Arthur Scargill's fault? :lol:

You've taken a look at the national debt recently, right?

HOLA445
3 hours ago, pig said:

Does look bad but wrt Dyson I'm starting to wonder if he actually knew what he was doing - wasn't this just after he had Covid ? It just seems so completely ridiculous - maybe he wasn't mentally 'all there'.

Edit: tbh its almost more of a worry that Dyson knew he could ask and expect to get

I love the speed of the defensive statement from Downing St. Sounds like Boris fibbing to a girlfriend. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA446

Ex-minister Johnny Mercer says ‘almost nobody’ tells truth in Johnson’s government

Former veterans’ minister says it was ‘most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in government’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/21/ex-minister-johnny-mercer-says-almost-nobody-tells-truth-in-johnsons-government

HOLA447

The former veterans’ minister Johnny Mercer has launched an extraordinary attack on Boris Johnson’s government, describing it as a “cesspit” and “the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in”.

This is not an extraordinarily attack on Boris. It is the simple truth. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What on earth 😂

“I told him that this was ‘mad’ and totally unethical, that he had ordered the inquiry himself... that he could not possibly cancel an inquiry about a leak that affected millions of people, just because it might implicate his girlfriend’s friends.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/23/dominic-cummings-launches-attack-on-boris-johnson

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

It looks like BJ might have ratted on the wrong person this time and created his own nemesis 🤣.

Go get him Dom....:D.

I had a go at working all this out:

Shafting 1: The public ?
PM invites Brexiters who have no idea how to build ventilators to build ventilators in an emergency

Shafting 2: Covid Patients ?
Available Ventilators/manfuacturers sidelined

Shafting 3: The UK ?
Dyson demands tax breaks

Shafting 4: BJ ?
Somebody leaks texts between BJ and Dyson

Shafting 5: Cummings ? The Public ?
PM dead cats the debate on corruption with a whodunnit on the leak

Shafting 6: ????

BJ tries to stop the inquiry he started

Shafting 7: BJ ?
Cummings gives BJ both barrels

Omni-shafting: (needs diagram)
BJ's girlfriends mate > BJ
BJ > Cummings
Cummings > BJ and BJ's girlfriends mate

Shafting 9: General Sanity

"Boris Johnson denies Cummings claims he tried to protect fiancee's friend over leaks"

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19256167.boris-johnson-denies-cummings-claims-tried-protect-fiancees-friend-leaks/

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

So did Cummings leak the BJ/Dyson texts?

Cummings' pal Gove?

Cummings is no longer in Government, so if he really is behind the leaks (doubtful), then security needs more than a little tightening up. Which might be something for the minister in charge at the Cabinet Office to deal with. Who might that be? Ah well: that would be Michael “Oiky” Gove, Cummings’ past champion, who has been conspicuous by his absence for the past few days. Gove is apparently out of the country right now.

If anyone’s leaking, it’s far more likely to be Gove tipping the wink to his press pals than Cummings.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
7 hours ago, zugzwang said:

It's as good a guess as any, I reckon.

Oiky had both the opportunity and the motivation. ☝️

Guido is good reading: https://order-order.com/2021/04/23/read-in-full-cummings-statement-on-leak-accusations/

Cummings is basically accusing BJ of serving his c0ck instead of the country:

The PM was very upset about this. He said to me afterwards, ‘If Newman is confirmed as the leaker then I will have to fire him, and this will cause me very serious problems with Carrie as they’re best friends … [pause] perhaps we could get the Cabinet Secretary to stop the leak inquiry?”

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Re the cummings statement. I actually wonder if the most dangerous part is the innocuous sounding sign off:

I will not engage in media briefing regarding these issues but will answer questions about any of these issues to Parliament on 26 May for as long as the MPs want. 

This from the man who was found in contempt of parliament for his refusal to give oral evidence to MPs. It almost makes me wonder if his actions in the past were entirely of his own volition.

HOLA4425
4 minutes ago, Timm said:

Re the cummings statement. I actually wonder if the most dangerous part is the innocuous sounding sign off:

I will not engage in media briefing regarding these issues but will answer questions about any of these issues to Parliament on 26 May for as long as the MPs want. 

This from the man who was found in contempt of parliament for his refusal to give oral evidence to MPs. It almost makes me wonder if his actions in the past were entirely of his own volition.

I've always hated Cummings but if he can finish BJ's career I'll be happy.

My enemy's enemy.....