House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Pay Off Mortgage In 2 Years Now On

That was horrific. Pay off your morgage in two years at the expense of your health and family. Crazy small business ideas that are at the initiation stages to try to generate ridiculous amounts of money (132K / 2 years).

And the presenter/motivator with his 'concern'. If the guy was really so concerned he would have told them, forget about 2 years and go ready steady at a decent pace to build solid lives and solid businesses, rather than driving them into a complete fantasy based money making frenzy that is going to send them both to the floor.

However, in terms of 'stage of grief' I think the BBC programming mentality is no longer ignoring the signs but has now entered into some sort of ACTIVE fantasy based 'Denial'. (there can't be a house price crash, there won't be a house price crash... in fact you can pay your morgage off in 2 years if you REALLY REALLY want to. This is mentally ill programming)

That was horrific. Pay off your morgage in two years at the expense of your health and family. Crazy small business ideas that are at the initiation stages to try to generate ridiculous amounts of money (132K / 2 years).

And the presenter/motivator with his 'concern'. If the guy was really so concerned he would have told them, forget about 2 years and go ready steady at a decent pace to build solid lives and solid businesses, rather than driving them into a complete fantasy based money making frenzy that is going to send them both to the floor.

However, in terms of 'stage of grief' I think the BBC programming mentality is no longer ignoring the signs but has now entered into some sort of ACTIVE fantasy based 'Denial'. (there can't be a house price crash, there won't be a house price crash... in fact you can pay your morgage off in 2 years if you REALLY REALLY want to. This is mentally ill programming)

'Mentally Ill programming ' indeed, the commissioners of this prog should be sacked, there's even a book now!

When a 'just enough' more low stress, mentally healthy lifestyle should be promoted, we get this rubbish.

If its not bad enough being mega greedy taking several jobs which ultimately deprives others from scarce work opportunities.

The guy on tonight had some serious mental health issues re: denial with his contract breaching etc, maybe such progs attract these types. Can we have a doc on how many workaholics have heart attacks at age of 47 to address balance please, :(

They plugged the book at the end of it too - so obviously the geezer is helping to pay of this mortgage too

- will there be a second edition when the "experiment" is over? or will they send everyone who bought the book the final pages.

So maybe they should rename it "How the BBC pays off Rene Carayol's mortgage in two year"

edit: cos I didn't know the blokes name

Edited by SarahBell

It's not Alvin Hall, I doubt he'd get involved in such a load of b*llocks. The bloke's name is Rene Carayol- and according to the Private Eye his company went bust last year- so just the man to be dishing out advice! :D

They plugged the book at the end of it too - so obviously the geezer is helping to pay of this mortgage too

- will there be a second edition when the "experiment" is over? or will they send everyone who bought the book the final pages.

So maybe they should rename it "How the BBC pays off Alvin Hall's mortgage in two year"

we get various bods bring cut price books around our office to sell.

the "Pay You Mortgage Off In 2 Years" book is included this week

RRP - £14.99

To you - £4.00

bookpricecrash.co.uk anyone? :P

It's not Alvin Hall, I doubt he'd get involved in such a load of b*llocks. The bloke's name is Rene Carayol- and according to the Private Eye his company went bust last year- so just the man to be dishing out advice! :D

Whoops - I couildn't remmeber his name so google'd and saw the name alvin hall so thought that was it...

Will edit above post eh :)

Four quid? Are they nicked? :blink:

nah mate, they are pukka! :lol:

like most stuff in our new paradigm economy, books are printed in china now and imported in the millions.

any unsold are then pulped. :(

there are a few firms around that do this - henson books in kettering spring to mind for one.

Yeah, I know. I was once lucky enough to go and raid WH Smith's bins after they'd just had a clearout, got about 70 brand new books. Made about 7 quid with them at the boot sale :).

Edited by Rave

They daren't bring back Alvin Hall, he'd crash the weakening high street with his 'don't buy crap you don't need' theme.

I wish he would return though - he was the best of the 'clean up your financial act guys'.

'Mentally Ill programming ' indeed, the commissioners of this prog should be sacked, there's even a book now!

When a 'just enough' more low stress, mentally healthy lifestyle should be promoted, we get this rubbish.

If its not bad enough being mega greedy taking several jobs which ultimately deprives others from scarce work opportunities.

The guy on tonight had some serious mental health issues re: denial with his contract breaching etc, maybe such progs attract these types. Can we have a doc on how many workaholics have heart attacks at age of 47 to address balance please, :(

Mentally ill indeed. I wonder why you never see a FTBer with a 150K mortgage and student debt on an average wage paying off their mortgage in 2 years? It bears no relation to reality at all.

Edited by murpaul

Paying off the mortgage in 2 years might be extreme but why not consider repaying in 10 years.

10 yr fixed deal at under 5% and clear all bar a few quid in the initial 10 yrs. Perfectly feasible.