House Price Crash Forum

Jenrick on HK immigrants - "If they struggle, then we're here to support them,"

It's been debated on here on numerous occasions over past year, but here is confirmation that our caring government is going to do all it can to help settle HK immigrants - "That means local councils being there to provide them with housing, with the benefit system standing behind them, with all the support the state can offer to make sure that no-one gets into difficult times,"

That the swivel eyed dirt bag Jenrick is the one announcing this, should tell you everything you want to know - basically more support for various rungs of the housing "ladder".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56669016

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need new people to help keep the economy going......got money and brains so much the better, some people will always fall on hard times, always have.......your government is here to help and protect you.;)

14 minutes ago, msi said:

if Shamima Begum picked up a HK passport, would Priti welcome her with open arms?

Stop putting ideas into the head of the CCP, you know they are listening 

I don't think that many will come. I actually agree that this country has somewhat of a responsibility towards the people of Hong Kong too. This probably also positively supports our country's soft power among Asian democracies. It says we have principles.

11 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I don't think that many will come. I actually agree that this country has somewhat of a responsibility towards the people of Hong Kong too. This probably also positively supports our country's soft power among Asian democracies. It says we have principles.

This is an advert to encourage them to come !!!!

That means no one is coming.

Sky's at it today today.

I don't get this government... on one hand they talk about rolling out the navy to protect our shores from small dinghies of asylum seekers from war torn countries, then on the other, unconditionally offer millions of rich Hong Kongers a GB passport.

Are immigrants bad or are they good?

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

This is an advert to encourage them to come !!!!

That means no one is coming.

Sky's at it today today.

AHH good point.

Just now, Si1 said:

AHH good point.

Given the British people had enough of immigration since about 2005, this is a total slap in the face.

The concept of Britain, Britishness, England, country are all dead.  

This is a move towards a one world banker slave colony run by the same people who've been running things for the last 1000 years....the ruthless people who grabbed the land, the resources and subjugated people.  

I'd not be surprised if their aim now is to destroy China and get their claws into another 1.4Billion slaves.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Given the British people had enough of immigration since about 2005, this is a total slap in the face.

The concept of Britain, Britishness, England, country are all dead.  

As I said I still don't think that many will come. And I don't think they'll be working in car washes when they do either.

2 hours ago, msi said:

These are the HK 'schrodinger' immigrants then?  So rich they will prop up HPI and so poor they will need Social housing and benefits?

If someone can rent a room even on housing benefit they can help HPI as the landlord can use the money to either

a) put money aside for offsprings housing

b) save for a bigger house

c) stop the bank foreclosing

d) spend on non housing goods

e) save for a pension

a to c all increase house prices.  

A poor immigrant living on benefits in London or another city might increase HPI more than a rich one who restores an empty house in the middle of nowhere.

I am not saying that immigration is bad, it causes HPI but it could be good for other reasons.

However there are costs and benefits.  For anything in life we have to be aware of those.  However immigration for some reason a lot of people ignore all the benefits and exaggerate the costs or the reverse.

(I know someone who believes that women's pension age going is up because of immigration - not true).

16 minutes ago, Postman said:

I don't get this government... on one hand they talk about rolling out the navy to protect our shores from small dinghies of asylum seekers from war torn countries, then on the other, unconditionally offer millions of rich Hong Kongers a GB passport.

Are immigrants bad or are they good?

Immigrants? Depends on the immigrant in question, can't generalise there. Immigration on the other hand? Overwhelmingly negative when you get past the short-termist economic appeal. But the UK has a responsibility to Hong Kong.

10 minutes ago, Si1 said:

As I said I still don't think that many will come. And I don't think they'll be working in car washes when they do either.

What country next then....

My bet is the next PM will have a connection with a country with 1.1Bn people in it who will all happily move to the UK for a better life....

The establishment clearly will not stop the immigration, it's a bloody ponzi scam they're running.

1 minute ago, Riedquat said:

But the UK has a responsibility to Hong Kong.

Why ?

The UK has a responsibility to British people living in the UK first.

No one would mind helping anyone if there was enough to go round...there isn't....because 1% of the country has taken it all.

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Why ?

The UK has a responsibility to British people living in the UK first.

No one would mind helping anyone if there was enough to go round...there isn't....because 1% of the country has taken it all.

Look at the history of Hong Kong. It was British-controlled, the people there did not have Chinese nationality, so IMO that means they shouldn't be left high and dry.

The last thing the UK needs is yet more people and all the bloody obnoxious development that goes with that but sometimes moral considerations override that (not that that'll be Jenrick's view, yay, more wealthy renters and property buyers is all he'll be thinking of).

25 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What country next then....

That's just nonsense and irrelevant. Hong Kong is a particular case.

17 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Look at the history of Hong Kong. It was British-controlled, the people there did not have Chinese nationality, so IMO that means they shouldn't be left high and dry.

The last thing the UK needs is yet more people and all the bloody obnoxious development that goes with that but sometimes moral considerations override that (not that that'll be Jenrick's view, yay, more wealthy renters and property buyers is all he'll be thinking of).

So when Ireland hits hard times we should house all of them too ?